Potential Trade?

LuckyIrish23

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

It's crazy to me. HaHa was at worst an average safety in the league last year, the Davante thing was at least somewhat warranted. 

Yeah, but Davante had the injury thing, just like Damarious.  I feel like Packer fans think one bad year means you're done in the league. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, but Davante had the injury thing, just like Damarious.  I feel like Packer fans think one bad year means you're done in the league. 

Expectations and not meeting them so large. I joke about this but I swear some fan want to give these guys spankings for letting them down, and they do that by making them go to other teams. Apparently for their "disappointments." Everyone else's trash is better than ours. Haha

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well, we don't call people "fans" because they are rational.

No, fans aren't always rational, but it's not hard to understand why they sometimes get upset when multi-millionaire athletes get injured and miss work for up to a full year - while still getting paid!  That's not a reality that most fans experience in their own lives - most folks - blue and white collar - may get some time off for an injury or illness, but are right back to the daily grind of their jobs well before they're completely healed. To add insult to injury, some of us 'average joes' even have to pay for our own insurance and time off due to injury and down-time, thereby speeding up our return to work well before we're completely healed. 

Lets put it this way, I see both sides of this - the athletes and their respective organizations, as well as the ire they receive from some fans who flat out are disgusted by the rash of injuries plaguing certain players and the team in general - all while continuing to get paid huge salaries.  Who pays these guys?  In large part, the fans, so I understand their disappointment.

All that being said, it's just not realistic to write off a player because they've either had one bad season - whether it be on the field in action, or on the sidelines due to injury.  It's just a reality that fans have to accept, or get over if they're bitter about it.

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

No, fans aren't always rational, but it's not hard to understand why they sometimes get upset when multi-millionaire athletes get injured and miss work for up to a full year - while still getting paid!  That's not a reality that most fans experience in their own lives - most folks - blue and white collar - may get some time off for an injury or illness, but are right back to the daily grind of their jobs well before they're completely healed. To add insult to injury, some of us 'average joes' even have to pay for our own insurance and time off due to injury and down-time, thereby speeding up our return to work well before we're completely healed. 

Lets put it this way, I see both sides of this - the athletes and their respective organizations, as well as the ire they receive from some fans who flat out are disgusted by the rash of injuries plaguing certain players and the team in general - all while continuing to get paid huge salaries.  Who pays these guys?  In large part, the fans, so I understand their disappointment.

Can I have some of what you are smoking?

2 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

um how about no.

You really want to roll with Jones/Brice at Safety? 

Evans, and Whitehead, not to mention Reid could be grabbed off the free agent market for a song. I'd only sign that guy on a 1-year deal under the premise he stands for the National Anthem and is not a distraction. I'd put it in his contract. Ha Ha is on a one-year deal and admittedly, I have an anti-Ha Ha bias. I just don't like the guy. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Not the one bad year thing with me. Ha Ha, is, IMO overrated. Also, he quit on the team last year. The lack of effort was completely unprofessional. That shows a flaw in character IMO. I'll root for him as long as he's wearing a Packer uniform, but I see this going the way of Eddy Lacy. 

I'm guessing the outrage when we let him walk was similar to the outrage at the other site I used to post at. 

Oh, and Ha Ha has ****ty hands to boot. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not the one bad year thing with me. Ha Ha, is, IMO overrated. Also, he quit on the team last year. 

Geez O'petes, the nonsense you come up with... Amazing!

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not the one bad year thing with me. Ha Ha, is, IMO overrated. Also, he quit on the team last year. The lack of effort was completely unprofessional. That shows a flaw in character IMO. I'll root for him as long as he's wearing a Packer uniform, but I see this going the way of Eddy Lacy. 

I'm guessing the outrage when we let him walk was similar to the outrage at the other site I used to post at. 

Oh, and Ha Ha has ****ty hands to boot. 

Until HaHa has a pro bowl year this year, at which time you always supported him.  ;)

Archived