2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

On 1/31/2019 at 1:42 PM, IrishHooligan00 said:

So a 1st round talent Pass Rusher doesn't get invited to the combine for a past altercation, Will he still be a 1st Rounder? or how far you expect him to drop? could Eagles Snag him in the 2nd Round?

Jefferey Simmons - DT

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-potential-top-10-pick-jeffery-simmons-wont-get-combine-invite-due-to-past-violence-issue/

Question 1: He should be a first rounder.

Question 2: Don't expect him to drop that far.

Question 3: No (especially not with where we are picking in the 2nd round).

If Jeffrey Simmons is still sticking around after #15. I say we trade up and pick him up, the D-linemen are strong this draft, but that doesn't mean much if they are all gone before our pick. We have 2 2nd round picks to pick up a T/G and a safety. Cox, Bennett, Jernigan, Barnett, and Long (if he returns) are regulars. Bennett and Long are old. Pressure up the middle is the fastest way to attack the QB and with Simmons/Cox up the middle, we would be set regardless of the DEs. 

Little coaching bias...favorite safety Amani Hooker Iowa...

Should test better than Desmond King, probably a box type...didn't see him too much after HS playing for Iowa 6' 210

EDIT: Just watched some clips of this past year...lined up in the slot a lot in Iowa's 4-2-5 look

16 hours ago, Wentz2Ertz said:

If Jeffrey Simmons is still sticking around after #15. I say we trade up and pick him up, the D-linemen are strong this draft, but that doesn't mean much if they are all gone before our pick. We have 2 2nd round picks to pick up a T/G and a safety. Cox, Bennett, Jernigan, Barnett, and Long (if he returns) are regulars. Bennett and Long are old. Pressure up the middle is the fastest way to attack the QB and with Simmons/Cox up the middle, we would be set regardless of the DEs. 

We wont have two 2nd round picks if we're moving up 9+ spots in the 1st round.  If Simmons slides to like pick 20, then maybe trade up for him, but moving to pick 15-18 would likely be too expensive. I think we're more likely to take a DE in the 1st, and a DT in the 2nd or 3rd (If we trade down to get more picks). There's like 10 good DT's, but only like 5 good DE's that actually weigh 260+ lbs instead of 245-255. I want Simmons on this team, but I'm not sure he makes the most sense for our team, unless he slides into the 20's.

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

but only like 5 good DE's that actually weigh 260+ lbs

Good ones that are a fit for our team? Who? Bosa and Ferrell, and Gary, but I see Gary as an INT player. The guys in the 250-255 range are pretty standard now. Someone like Montez Sweat who is a hair over 250 right now will probably end up in the upper 260's one day.

8 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Little coaching bias...favorite safety Amani Hooker Iowa...

Should test better than Desmond King, probably a box type...didn't see him too much after HS playing for Iowa 6' 210

EDIT: Just watched some clips of this past year...lined up in the slot a lot in Iowa's 4-2-5 look

did you not see the play where hooker literally covered every player in a trip formation and ended up with an interception i think. 

43 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Good ones that are a fit for our team? Who? Bosa and Ferrell, and Gary, but I see Gary as an INT player. The guys in the 250-255 range are pretty standard now. Someone like Montez Sweat who is a hair over 250 right now will probably end up in the upper 260's one day.

Bosa, Ferrell, Omenihu, Zach Allen, Maxx Crosby, and LJ Collier are the pool of DE's I'd want us drafting from.  Ferguson and Sweat need to gain 5-10, then they can jump in. Other than those guys, the rest of the edge guys (besides Josh Allen) can go to the Cowboys, Giants, or Skins. That includes Gary, who is nothing special when I watched him. I don't get the hype.

I really want Omenihu and either Crosby or Collier on our team.

Bennett/Barnett/Long/Sweat/Omenihu/Crosby or Collier would be a solid post-Graham DE rotation for 1 year. 2 years from now we'd have Barnett/Omenihu/Crosby or Collier/Sweat and still likely need 1 more DE (maybe 2 if Sweat doesn't progress).

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Bosa, Ferrell, Omenihu, Zach Allen, Maxx Crosby, and LJ Collier are the pool of DE's I'd want us drafting from.  Ferguson and Sweat need to gain 5-10, then they can jump in. Other than those guys, the rest of the edge guys (besides Josh Allen) can go to the Cowboys, Giants, or Skins. That includes Gary, who is nothing special when I watched him. I don't get the hype.

I really want Omenihu and either Crosby or Collier on our team.

Bennett/Barnett/Long/Sweat/Omenihu/Crosby or Collier would be a solid post-Graham DE rotation for 1 year. 2 years from now we'd have Barnett/Omenihu/Crosby or Collier/Sweat and still likely need 1 more DE (maybe 2 if Sweat doesn't progress).

Zach Allen isn't a 4-3 DE to me. People keep comparing him to JJ Watt but he's smaller, not nearly as explosive and doesn't have the signature violent hands that Watt had. Sweat to me has the prototypical build to be a monster in the pros, with the size and wingspan, he's got the ability to easily add 10 lbs with an NFL weight room. I don't see Crosby or Collier as guys I'd draft early as impact players, I assumed that's what you guys were talking about. 

We have no shot at Bosa or Ferrell obviously.

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Zach Allen isn't a 4-3 DE to me. People keep comparing him to JJ Watt but he's smaller, not nearly as explosive and doesn't have the signature violent hands that Watt had. Sweat to me has the prototypical build to be a monster in the pros, with the size and wingspan, he's got the ability to easily add 10 lbs with an NFL weight room. I don't see Crosby or Collier as guys I'd draft early as impact players, I assumed that's what you guys were talking about. 

We have no shot at Bosa or Ferrell obviously.

I think Crosby and Collier have potential to be good. I don't think Sweat will be a monster, but he could be B Graham quality. Omenihu has monster potential. Chandler Jones 2.0 potential. You could be right about Allen. He's not much different from Anthony Nelson I suppose. My DT pool isn't much bigger, now that I think about it, but it is a little bigger than my DE pool, especially if you remove Allen.

Archived