2019 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I feel like in the NFCE, a great RB is not a luxury. The team with the best running game usually wins our division. 

I meant for us it's a luxury to take him in the 1st

I agree a strong running game is usually a staple of the division winner (though that's most good teams and divisions) 
Not necessarily the BEST though. Just a competent one, like the opposite of whatever the hell it was last year.

24 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I meant for us it's a luxury to take him in the 1st

I agree a strong running game is usually a staple of the division winner (though that's most good teams and divisions) 
Not necessarily the BEST though. Just a competent one, like the opposite of whatever the hell it was last year.

Taking him in the 1st isn't a luxury if he's BPA. If Andre Dillard is gone and the best DE available is Oshane Ximines and the best DT available is Dre'Mont Jones, we should probably just take Jacobs.

If we take Tytus Howard at 25, I'll have to swallow my own puke, like when we drafted Danny Watkins.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Taking him in the 1st isn't a luxury if he's BPA. If Andre Dillard is gone and the best DE available is Oshane Ximines and the best DT available is Dre'Mont Jones, we should probably just take Jacobs.

If we take Tytus Howard at 25, I'll have to swallow my own puke, like when we drafted Danny Watkins.

with the runners in this draft, it's a luxury. Especially with having the two 2nd rounders.

Obviously if he's BPA and you don't want to move...better take him and not reach. 

I'm all for adding him at #25, really like his tape. And the offense would be awesome with him at RB.
But if a guy at a more premium position is there with a similar grade..taking a RB in round one is a luxury.
We need to take a runner somewhere though...

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

with the runners in this draft, it's a luxury. Especially with having the two 2nd rounders.

Obviously if he's BPA and you don't want to move...better take him and not reach. 

I'm all for adding him at #25, really like his tape. And the offense would be awesome with him at RB.
But if a guy at a more premium position is there with a similar grade..taking a RB in round one is a luxury.
We need to take a runner somewhere though...

Huh? This is a weak RB class and Jacobs is the clear cream of the crop. Darrell Henderson is my #2RB easily, and even then I wouldn't trust him in pass protection. Those are the only 2 dynamic runners in this class.

Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, Travis Homer, Justice Hill, Mike Weber, LJ Scott, Karan Higdon, Damien Harris, Alex Barnes, Qadree Ollison, Devin Singletary, etc. are all just a bunch of quality #2 RB's ala Yeldon/Coleman/Ekeler/Duke Johnson. Nice guys to have, but they don't really add to your win total. Josh Jacobs could add a W or 2. 

I don't think this is the year you get a Kareem Hunt or Kamara in round 3. Maybe I'm wrong though.

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Huh? This is a weak RB class and Jacobs is the clear cream of the crop. Darrell Henderson is my #2RB easily, and even then I wouldn't trust him in pass protection. Those are the only 2 dynamic runners in this class.

Miles Sanders, David Montgomery, Travis Homer, Justice Hill, Mike Weber, LJ Scott, Karan Higdon, Damien Harris, Alex Barnes, Qadree Ollison, Devin Singletary, etc. are all just a bunch of quality #2 RB's ala Yeldon/Coleman/Ekeler/Duke Johnson. Nice guys to have, but they don't really add to your win total. Josh Jacobs could add a W or 2. 

I don't think this is the year you get a Kareem Hunt or Kamara in round 3. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I'm a little higher on a lot of those guys I guess. Jacobs is undoubtedly the most exciting.

It's be awesome to have a stud/star runner but the trend in the league is you don't need that. I'll take two #2 two type backs to work together just as much.
Especially if you can then use that higher pick on a position that has a bigger impact drop off after the first like DL.

None of them could be Hunt or Kareem, but then at least a large part of the league thought the same about those two when they came out.
We have the opportunity for playing time here, so if we take a guy in the second or trade down and get one in the 3rd or 4th. That guy will have the opportunity those guys had to play and get their part of the offense tailored to what they do well too.

I think David Montgomery is a perfect fit at RB for this team. But guys like Jacobs, Harris, Snell, Henderson, Ozigbo, Singletary and Miles Sanders are all guys I'd take in a heart beat. I think there's quite a few NFL starters in this draft.

35 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Current picks

I feel like we're going to trade down, unless Andre Dillard makes it to 25. He probably won't.

every tdn mock i do these days only has the value at drafting a receiver at 25 and i doubt we do that.

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

I think David Montgomery is a perfect fit at RB for this team. But guys like Jacobs, Harris, Snell, Henderson, Ozigbo, Singletary and Miles Sanders are all guys I'd take in a heart beat. I think there's quite a few NFL starters in this draft.

Great Fits (220 lb physical downhill 1 or 2 cut runners who can pick up the blitz and catch)

Josh Jacobs
David Montgomery
Alex Barnes
Ryquell Armstead
Devine Ozigbo
Wes Hills (215 lbs, but could easily add 5)

Good Fits (Guys who run downhill, but can't catch/Guys who can catch, but don't run downhill/Guys who can do it all, but are smaller than you want in blitz pickup)

Too many to list (And Darrell Henderson is at the top of that list)

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So i’m trying to see if Jacobs can fall out of the 1st to see if the Raiders can nab him at 35. You guys seen like literally the only team who might take him. Thoughts/chances?

I'm torn.....Eagles haven't taken an RB in forever but he could be the best player on the board at a position of need and he is a perfect fit for the Eagles. If there is any lineman worth a first rounder on the board they will not take Jacobs

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'm torn.....Eagles haven't taken an RB in forever but he could be the best player on the board at a position of need and he is a perfect fit for the Eagles. If there is any lineman worth a first rounder on the board they will not take Jacobs

I expect Dilliard, Taylor, and Jonah to be long gone. Would you take Greg Little or an Interior Linemen over Jacobs?

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

defensive line too DT or EDGE

In order of preferences who do you guys take? DT Christian Wilkins, OT Greg Little, RB Joshua Jacobs.

All EDGEs will be gone by 25 imo. Bosa to SF at 2, Allen to NYJ at 3, Montez Sweat to TB at 5, Burns to GB at 12, Ferrell to NYG at 17, and Polite to Raiders at 24.

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I expect Dilliard, Taylor, and Jonah to be long gone. Would you take Greg Little or an Interior Linemen over Jacobs?

Maybe Lindstrom, but we'd probably trade down.

Archived