Jump to content
LoganF89

Your 53 man roster predictions

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@e16bball was right about Orlando Franklin. The Redskins cut him, there must be something wrong with him physically because he hasn’t been the same player the last 3 years that he was in Denv or his first year in SD. Perhaps Manning’s Quick decisions made him look bette4 than what he was even in Denv.

To me, this is a good sign for Nsekhe and the youngsters though. Perhaps they like what they have in Welsh as a player they can develop, or they have their eye on someone they feel will be cut soon like one of the SF OGs. 

I personally wish they’d sign Alex Boone.

Yes please, on Boone (still hoping!).

I am plenty good with adding JMac on that 1 yr deal @e16bball , but I'd roll eyes at trading a 4th for who has been very underwhelming as Garnett. Just too one-sided on that trade. Make that pick a very favorable conditional pick, and we're good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hogs haven had Trey Quinn as a lock to make the 53 based on being a polished route runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

To me, this is a good sign for Nsekhe and the youngsters though. Perhaps they like what they have in Welsh as a player they can develop, or they have their eye on someone they feel will be cut soon like one of the SF OGs. 

  1. List of offensive linemen currently on the roster (positions from redskins.com; starters from 2017 bolded, guys in blue they haven't yet actually seen on the field (beyond practice or other team's film), guys in red are guys they have seen and cut previously)
    • C Demetrius Rhaney
    • C Chase Rouiller
    • C Sean Welsh
    • G Tyler Catalina
    • G Kyle Kalis
    • G Arie Kouandjio
    • G Brandon Scherff
    • OL Alex Balducci
    • OL Tony Bergstrom
    • OL Cameron Jefferson
    • OL John Kling
    • T T.J. Clemmings
    • T Morgan Moses
    • T Ty Nsekhe
    • T Timon Parris
    • T Trent Williams

      So, they had OTAs before the draft, saw what the saw in Franklin, realized it wasn't worth their time ... but didn't bother to address the position until UDFA time? How is this commendable?
  2. If the 49ers cut a guard before late August, chances are the Redskins won't want him. Do you think any team is jumping up and down for Chris Bazile, James Sample, Cassanova Mckinzy, or Montori Hughes (four guys who were cut recently along with Francis, McClain, and Franklin)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Hogs haven had Trey Quinn as a lock to make the 53 based on being a polished route runner.

Barring injury, his was arguably the easiest path to the final roster (and potential meaningful playing time) of all of the late round rookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woz said:

Barring injury, his was arguably the easiest path to the final roster (and potential meaningful playing time) of all of the late round rookies.

the new Ryan Grant..... Jay's pet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marcus21 said:

the new Ryan Grant..... Jay's pet.

Well, Quinn seems to have more value as a prospect coming out of college than Grant had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Yes please, on Boone (still hoping!).

I am plenty good with adding JMac on that 1 yr deal @e16bball , but I'd roll eyes at trading a 4th for who has been very underwhelming as Garnett. Just too one-sided on that trade. Make that pick a very favorable conditional pick, and we're good. 

I’ll be honest with you, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Garnett play. Not sure I ever even watched him at Stanford, let alone as a Niner. 

I was mostly basing the suggestion of trading for him on (a) his draft pedigree, which seems to suggest a good amount of natural talent at least, and (b) my perception, from glancing through the SF forum, that he might be the odd man out among Cooper and Beadles and Tomlinson.

I also would prefer not to trade a 4th for him (or players of similar quality), but I’d like to get someone in before training camp at least, so they could work with Callahan and the rest of our OL before hitting the field. Figured we might have to pay a bit of a premium to get someone to subtract a guy from their depth chart at this point of the offseason, before they know where things will stand with their roster once the season rolls around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Hogs haven had Trey Quinn as a lock to make the 53 based on being a polished route runner.

I like it. I’m praying he can develop into a solid slot receiver like so many others have like Crowder over the years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Looks like Ryan Anderson done got himself in shape this offseason.

 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Looks like Ryan Anderson done got himself in shape this offseason.

 

It will be real interesting to see how the OLB situation plays out this year. Preston’s contract is up at the end of the season. Sure he’s due for the typical contract year 10+ sack campaign. Ryan Anderson must be tired of the bench. And Kerrigan is a pro bowler in his prime teetering on 30 years old and is the most expensive of the bunch. I’m sure the FO would love for Anderson to entrench himself as a starter as he’s younger and cheaper than the other two. Im thinking it’s possible Preston and Kerrigan are playing for 1 contract this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. List of offensive linemen currently on the roster (positions from redskins.com; starters from 2017 bolded, guys in blue they haven't yet actually seen on the field (beyond practice or other team's film), guys in red are guys they have seen and cut previously)
    • C Demetrius Rhaney
    • C Chase Rouiller
    • C Sean Welsh
    • G Tyler Catalina
    • G Kyle Kalis
    • G Arie Kouandjio
    • G Brandon Scherff
    • OL Alex Balducci
    • OL Tony Bergstrom
    • OL Cameron Jefferson
    • OL John Kling
    • T T.J. Clemmings
    • T Morgan Moses
    • T Ty Nsekhe
    • T Timon Parris
    • T Trent Williams

      So, they had OTAs before the draft, saw what the saw in Franklin, realized it wasn't worth their time ... but didn't bother to address the position until UDFA time? How is this commendable?
  2. If the 49ers cut a guard before late August, chances are the Redskins won't want him. Do you think any team is jumping up and down for Chris Bazile, James Sample, Cassanova Mckinzy, or Montori Hughes (four guys who were cut recently along with Francis, McClain, and Franklin)?

McClain is already taking visits - met with Dolphins - and apparently the Giants signed our best DL from last year, AJ Francis. I’m sure they’re doing backflips. 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

It will be real interesting to see how the OLB situation plays out this year. Preston’s contract is up at the end of the season. Sure he’s due for the typical contract year 10+ sack campaign. Ryan Anderson must be tired of the bench. And Kerrigan is a pro bowler in his prime teetering on 30 years old and is the most expensive of the bunch. I’m sure the FO would love for Anderson to entrench himself as a starter as he’s younger and cheaper than the other two. Im thinking it’s possible Preston and Kerrigan are playing for 1 contract this year?

Entirely possible IMO. I could see the Redskins deciding between the two of them and then looking to round 1 to draft the best OLB available. 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Entirely possible IMO. I could see the Redskins deciding between the two of them and then looking to round 1 to draft the best OLB available. 

yes spend another high pick on a olb to let him walk after his rookie contract. makes logical sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

yes spend another high pick on a olb to let him walk after his rookie contract. makes logical sense. 

They’re going to have to weigh the benefits of keeping Smith vs the drawbacks. I’d like to keep him, but it depends on the cost. If he’s going to cost as much as Kerrigan or more to retain - which is possible - they’re going to have to make a difficult decision. It’s part of what Mknight has talked about. Letting Smith walk and not going nuts in free agency next offseason and filling his spot in the draft nets us a 3rd round comp pick for him in 2020. Also, Kerrigan will be 31 in 2019 and make $13.95 million. 

Do we want to be paying over $20 million combined for our starting OLBs next year? That’s a tough one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They’re going to have to weigh the benefits of keeping Smith vs the drawbacks. I’d like to keep him, but it depends on the cost. If he’s going to cost as much as Kerrigan or more to retain - which is possible - they’re going to have to make a difficult decision. It’s part of what Mknight has talked about. Letting Smith walk and not going nuts in free agency next offseason and filling his spot in the draft nets us a 3rd round comp pick for him in 2020. Also, Kerrigan will be 31 in 2019 and make $13.95 million. 

Do we want to be paying over $20 million combined for our starting OLBs next year? That’s a tough one.

i think kerrigan can work with us on the money. its gonna be interesting to see what kinda year preston is. im just sick of seeing us let homegrown good players walk in their prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×