2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I honestly have a hard time seeing us go Allen if both Williams and Bosa are on the board. I just don't think he's going to be higher on the board than either of those guys. Wouldn't be upset if he was, but as Cwood mentioned in the draft forum, I could see a scenario in which Allen simply isn't as high on the boards of NFL teams as he is on the boards of draftniks. 

I could also see the same scenario where Bosa isn't as highly rated as everyone else has him. 

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

I could also see the same scenario where Bosa isn't as highly rated as everyone else has him. 

I absolutely cannot. He's going to be a top 3 pick without a doubt in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, N4L said:

wanna bet 5,443 likes on it?

If I could, I would. There's basically one scenario where he doesn't - Kyler goes first, we take Williams, and someone trades up to three with the Jets to take a quarterback...but I don't think the Jets are passing on him and it would take a haul to get him out of there. I suppose that I can't discount the fact that the Jets would crap the bed in that scenario and go somewhere else, but I see no reason why teams would not be as high on Bosa at this point in time as the draftniks are. I could see it with Allen as he has real speed to power questions, exact placement at the next level. If you think that he's Anthony Barr, you shouldn't be spending a top 3 pick on him. Manny Lawson / Anthony Barr is a fine player, just not a top three player. 

Not to say that I would be surprised in the least if he's drafted in the top three. But I'd be willing to bet there are more questions regarding him than there are with Bosa, and a slide out of the top 3 into the 6/7 range wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

This really happens every year with a guy that has been projected at the top of the draft. Heck, it even happened with Joey. People thought he was going to slide down the board - he went #3 in a draft that was stronger in the top 7 than this one. I remember when Luck came out and after the season, there were the people who wanted to fight the Luck hype and said that RG3 should be the top pick and the better pro. Got into the off season and people started pushing back against Myles Garrett a couple of years ago. Heck, it even happened a bit this year to Ed Oliver as well. 

People tend to rebel against prospects that have been hyped up for quite some time for some reason (though I will say that it's been right at least once with the Mack > Clowney guys, though the latter is a very good player in his own right still) 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:
32 minutes ago, N4L said:

wanna bet 5,443 likes on it?

If I could, I would. There's basically one scenario where he doesn't - Kyler goes first, we take Williams, and someone trades up to three with the Jets to take a quarterback...but I don't think the Jets are passing on him and it would take a haul to get him out of there. I see no reason why teams would not be as high on Bosa at this point in time as the draftniks are. I could see it with Allen as he has real speed to power questions, exact placement at the next level. If you think that he's Anthony Barr, you shouldn't be spending a top 3 pick on him. Manny Lawson / Anthony Barr is a fine player, just not a top three player. 

Not to say that I would be surprised in the least if he's drafted in the top three. But I'd be willing to bet there are more questions regarding him than there are with Bosa, and a slide out of the top 3 into the 6/7 range wouldn't surprise me in the least. 

Its too bad we cant bet footballs because you would lose this one, just like you did with your mahomes going in the top 25 bet. lol

don't get me wrong, I'll be very excited if we get Bosa

Just now, N4L said:

Its too bad we cant bet footballs because you would lose this one, just like you did with your mahomes going in the top 25 bet. lol

don't get me wrong, I'll be very excited if we get Bosa

So you think that Bosa isn't going in the top 3? 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

So you think that Bosa isn't going in the top 3? 

I think he ends up a Raider at #4, as if that is some sort of monumental drop lol

That's my sizzling hot take. 

Murray, Allen, Williams Bosa, in that order. No trades in the top 4 imo

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I think he ends up a Raider at #4, as if that is some sort of monumental drop lol

That's my sizzling hot take. 

Murray, Allen, Williams Bosa, in that order. No trades in the top 4 imo

See, I'm not getting behind us drafting Allen at 2 over Bosa. If Lynch values power in his pass rush as he commented on previously, there's no way that he's going to have Allen over Bosa. That's a huge question mark for Allen. It actually wouldn't surprise me if we had Sweat over Allen if he values it considerably. I am also not sure why the Jets pass him over in that scenario. They still have Leonard Williams on the interior and nothing whatsoever on the edge. They should be sprinting to the podium if Bosa is there. 

**edit** 

keep in mind, this is independent of whatever I Feel about Bosa / Allen / Sweat personally. I'm not talking about how I feel about any of those guys - It's me trying to guess what the 49ers are going to value / desire / want at #2. 

Gentlemen, in our subforum wide mock draft, you are on the clock. 

Here's the draft so far:

1) Kyler Murray

2) Nick Bosa

3) Josh Allen

4) Quinnen Williams

5) Devin White

6) Dwayne Haskins

7) Jawaan Taylor

8) Ed Oliver

9) TJ Hockenson

10) Devin Bush

11) Cody Ford

12) Brian Burns

13) Rashan Gary

14) Montez Sweat

15) Deandre Baker

16) Clelin Ferrell

17) Andre Dilliard

18) Jonah Williams

19) Christian Wilkins

20) Byron Murphy 

21) Jeffrey Simmons

22) DK Metcalf

23) Greedy Williams

24) Noah Fant

25) Jachai Polite

26) Jerry Tillery

27) Joshua Jacobs

28) Dexter Lawrence

29) Rock Ya Sin

30) Nasir Adderley

31) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

32) Zach Allen

33) Greg Little

34) Kelvin Harmon

35) Jaylon Ferguson

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Gentlemen, in our subforum wide mock draft, you are on the clock. 

Here's the draft so far:

1) Kyler Murray

2) Nick Bosa

3) Josh Allen

4) Quinnen Williams

5) Devin White

6) Dwayne Haskins

7) Jawaan Taylor

8) Ed Oliver

9) TJ Hockenson

10) Devin Bush

11) Cody Ford

12) Brian Burns

13) Rashan Gary

14) Montez Sweat

15) Deandre Baker

16) Clelin Ferrell

17) Andre Dilliard

18) Jonah Williams

19) Christian Wilkins

20) Byron Murphy 

21) Jeffrey Simmons

22) DK Metcalf

23) Greedy Williams

24) Noah Fant

25) Jachai Polite

26) Jerry Tillery

27) Joshua Jacobs

28) Dexter Lawrence

29) Rock Ya Sin

30) Nasir Adderley

31) Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

32) Zach Allen

33) Greg Little

34) Kelvin Harmon

35) Jaylon Ferguson

Are we doing this based on what we think the niners would do, or what we as a forum would do?

Not sure about others, but with CGJ and Adderly of the board, have to give some real consideration to Thornhill. That safety class thins out real quick. Maybe we hold tight and get someone like Thompson, but there's a chance he's gone as well.

Butler, brown and Deebo are certainly speaking though

Archived