2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Because he put up better numbers than i expected, that's all lol. 

But LIS, don't think it matters. Don't think that we are drafting a safety in the first 3/4 rounds anyway. 

I hope your wrong on that front. I think FS is by far a more pressing need than WR...just have to see how it all unfolds.

But my dream draft is still a possibility...or at least my dream first 3 rounds are still a possibility right now so I will continue to daydream.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Bosa and Williams

And no way am I taking DK Metcalf at number 2. 

I can go Bosa, Allen and Williams. Honestly though I'd break it down Bosa tier by himself with Allen, Williams and Oliver in the next tier. After that probably go D. White, J. Williams, M. Sweat, C. Ferrell, J. Simmons, B. Burns and N. Fant. 

If we're talking about Blue Chip talent, the only other guy in that conversation for me is Jawaan Taylor. I think he SHOULD be a lock to the Jets at 3 and every Jets fan should be ecstatic if they get him. 

I see DK closer to that of Corey Davis, Mike Williams and DJ Moore. And not in play style, but in terms of caliber of prospect. DJ Moore had such incredible tape his last year, but not a huge amount of production overall. He then backed it up with a god tier combine. Davis on the other hand had some of the best tape in years from a receiver but didn't run and had the competition question. I can go on..Point is, DK is a very good prospect like the other guys listed, but he has legit issues beyond poor agility testing and an injury history too. If we desperately needed receiver, I would want a trade back to take him. 

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Well now that just seems a bit on the dramatic of sides. 

giphy.webp?cid=3640f6095c92b75b677048354

Is it though? At FS or SS he's the 3rd string guy. If the 3rd string guy is starting (much like this past year at the position), things have gone awry. 

WRT DK I like him, and I know the thinking is he doesn't fit as Shanny style WR, but if we think he's a big enough game changer he'll find a way to utilize his strengths. We have too many other pressing issues, and for our team wouldn't take him top 15 (a team like maybe GB would make sense)

What's your guys pulse on who will go #2, Bosa or Williams (if both available)? From the outside, I can see justifications for either. 

• Bosa - Ford is a glorified 1-year pact, never have enough edge rushers, can likely play the 4/5 tech and eventually move to LEO, primary LDE in your nickel defense
  • Williams - team not ready to give up on Thomas/Armstead, hole at the 1-tech in the base, possibly get creative and move around Buckner/Williams in nickel packages. 

I get the sense that the media is higher on Bosa because he's the popular name, but the NFL sees them on even footing. Obviously your decision matters significantly because we will likely end up selecting whoever you guys don't. 

Ultimately I expect it to be Bosa, but interested in your takes. 

@jetskid007 basically everyone wants bosa. 

We have too many interior players and dont have enough edge rushers. Most of us like williams and would be ok with it because he is going to be a great player, but it would be a huge mistake if bosa is on the board and we take williams simply because DT is not a need for us. 

If you want to read more, just go back a few pages honestly. You can also ctrl + F bosa or williams

@jetskid007

Are your asking who we think the team will take, or the consensus on the board? I personally think the team will take Bosa. I'd give that like 60 percent in my head off arbitrary percentages. QW like 35. 4 for other. 1 for trade. 

Nothing to back that up just my own feeling

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

@jetskid007

Are your asking who we think the team will take, or the consensus on the board? I personally think the team will take Bosa. I'd give that like 60 percent in my head off arbitrary percentages. QW like 35. 4 for other. 1 for trade. 

Nothing to back that up just my own feeling

Asking more what you think the team will do based on the data available to you (local reporting, team trends, etc.)

3 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

ummmm....not everyone 

Correct, I like Allen better lol

(I know you have been the biggest Williams fan here, that post did say most of us agree he is going to be a great player, just that we desperately need an edge rusher) 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Asking more what you think the team will do based on the data available to you (local reporting, team trends, etc.)

I...like most pundits, beat writers, and the rest of the fanbase, are certain the pick will be Bosa. Now whether or not I want it to be Bosa is another topic of discussion.

Archived