2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Looks like Clelin Ferrell had a good day. No 40 run, but that seems a silly drill for a guy like him anyway. 

DL36 Clelin Ferrell Clemson 6-4 3/8 264 10 1/2 34 1/8 82 3/8 DNP 25 DNP DNP 4.40 7.26
DL37 Rashan Gary Michigan 6-4 3/8 277 9 5/8 34 1/8 81 7/8 4.58 26 38.0 120 4.29  

3 hours ago, oldman9er said:

See, this is the response Polite gets.. and he shouldn't. He is taking questions or criticisms as "attacks".. instead of expected psychological poking from a potential employer. What he should do.. what he should know to do.. is smile.. think about his response.. and respond with patience and maturity. He can curse these people in his mind all he wants.. but he's being foolish to show or reveal ruffled feathers over it. 

This shows a lack of preparation and maturity, as any prospect (if they want to reap max benefit) has to expect and deal with this process the right way. Seems you both are mistakenly classifying "the process" as "attacks". 

This may show even more lack of preparation. Every player should watch themselves and others on tape. It's a great learning tool to improving their game.

Polite may end up being great, but he is coming off as a bit of a child. Too many other good edge options for SF, so unless he falls to 36 and we still badly need, no thanks. Heck, he would probably just refuse to sign a contract from SF anyway, since he's been so cruelly abused by them. 

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c7c60453157326355

If Polite has a manager then he needs to sack him now. The most important part of the combine is the interview process and he is clearly not prepared for it at all. A decent manager would have told him and trained him what to prepare for and this obviously hasn't been done. If the manager has done the pre-work then stay well away from Polite, because unless he matures very quickly he could well be out of the league soon.

Just hope he doesn't go to New York. Their media will eat him alive.

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

He may go undrafted now. He was a late mid round pick before. If he goes udfa, I hope we sign him. He had tough stretches at OSU, but he's got a solid athletic profile, and those OSU corners translate pretty well

Bosa or Beckham. One of them, essentially served up on a platter for the 49ers — that’s the chatter from the NFL scouting combine the last few days, all pointing to just this devilish but quite promising choice for Lynch and Shanahan

From Kawakami's article on the Athletic 

Give me OBJ and Burns or whoever the best edge is at #6. 

Interesting that there was chatter of this at the combine. When there's smoke there's……? 

Another thing said in that article:

Shanahan and Lynch, who went hard after Khalil Mack last August and I’ve heard have gone after one or two other big-name trade candidates recently, absolutely can picture this. I’m sure they already have.

Interesting, who are we thinking here? One of the FA pass rushers that can be tagged? Justin Houston?

Looks like Polite should have prepared better for the combine. Especially the interviewing part. Obviously, what goes behind closed doors is a mystery, but maybe some of the prospects need to just bite the bullet when it comes to taking criticism on their game. Hopefully, no garbage like insinuating a family mother is a prostitute, or asking what somebody's sexual preferences in life are is asked. Don't see what that has to do with being a good football player.

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

From Kawakami's article on the Athletic 

Give me OBJ and Burns or whoever the best edge is at #6. 

Interesting that there was chatter of this at the combine. When there's smoke there's……? 

Another thing said in that article:

Interesting, who are we thinking here? One of the FA pass rushers that can be tagged? Justin Houston?

It would be interesting to see what it would take to get him. Granted we need a pass rusher badly, so playing devils advocate, if we actually have to give them our first as opposed to swapping we better hope the cowboys don't tag Lawerence or get the next best thing. I would imagine a lot of our signings this year (once FA starts) will more than likely paint a pic on which route we are going to take.

Update - You answered my question in the Minor News Thread :)

15 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Layne runs a 4.51; nothing wrong with that

Jamel Dean, got to check him out; 4.31 ? woah

WOZAA.gif

What?!? I don't think that's a thing. I've been watching Jamel Dean for 2 full seasons and have never seen that kind of closing speed. Plus, he's super stiff. 

12 minutes ago, JIllg said:

What?!? I don't think that's a thing. I've been watching Jamel Dean for 2 full seasons and have never seen that kind of closing speed. Plus, he's super stiff. 

Interesting, and duly noted. Second run is up next (I'm a few minutes behind now).... 2nd run = 4.33

Goes to show, 40 speeds don't necessarily represent the player on the field. They're somehow fun and intriguing, but little more. 

Archived