2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, Forge said:

Would I be okay with him? Yeah. Do I think we will go that direction? No. I seriously feel like that second picked is almost locked into being a receiver unless we acquire someone in trade / FA. 

Yeah, I tend to agree. That or safety if we miss out on everyone in Free Agency. Just so many good options at either position. CGJ, Abrams, Adderly and Thompson are all possibilities at that spot.

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. That or safety if we miss out on everyone in Free Agency. Just so many good options at either position. CGJ, Abrams, Adderly and Thompson are all possibilities at that spot.

I could see safety. Lynch had some really positive things to say about Abrams, and Thornhill's combine probably puts him in the range where we have to take him at 36 if we want him because he likely won't be there at the top of round 3. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could see safety. Lynch had some really positive things to say about Abrams, and Thornhill's combine probably puts him in the range where we have to take him at 36 if we want him because he likely won't be there at the top of round 3. 

Totally forgot about Thornhill.

50 minutes ago, Forge said:

@oldman9er

Yeah, Bradbury getting a lot of love in the first round for various mock drafts and the like now. He's going early LOL

'fraid so, if if to believe the pre-mock hype.

I swear, EVERY single year, I tell myself to keep track of the pre-draft rankings around all these sites... and then go back after the fact to see if they really know what they're talking about. 

... but it's the rudyZ factor, I tell you. Every single time... too lazy, is I. :P 

... but yes.. right now, it sure FEELS like we would be lucky to have a shot for Bradbury at 36. But then, maybe reality shows us soon that Bradbury stayed on the board till 67. Dunno. That's part of the fun... where do they really go... and to what team fit. 

44 minutes ago, John232 said:

Anyone else ok with Rizner in the second? He could probably play guard, but people are glowing about him and would be a scheme fit, iirc. 

Love Risner. I'm still on the prefer no OL with the first two picks train, but that can easily change after FA... and Risner would be a good pick regardless, imo.

28 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Love Risner. I'm still on the prefer no OL with the first two picks train, but that can easily change after FA... and Risner would be a good pick regardless, imo.

I'm a huge fan of Risner, Lindstrom, and Bradbury, but I just don't see any of them being taken in the second round by the niners. Over the past two years, it seems like they value high-impact, skill-type players in the upper rounds of the draft. MAYBE if one of these guys falls to the third or we pick up an extra 1 or 2, maybe we take one of these guys, but it just doesn't feel like Lynch/Shannahan value IOL enough to take them early in the draft. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them take one in the 4th or the 6th round.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Would I be okay with him? Yeah. Do I think we will go that direction? No. I seriously feel like that second picked is almost locked into being a receiver unless we acquire someone in trade / FA. 

Antonio Brown?

26 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Antonio Brown?

Nope. Unless the Shanny / Lynch were lying, or joined the fray late, we never even contacted the Steelers about him per Shanny and Lynch. I think the off field antics just pushed us off (if we had any interest to begin with) so soon on the heels of the Foster mess. 

Honestly, I think we'll sign a midtier free agent type, and draft a receiver at 36 (my best guess right now is Deebo) 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Nope. Unless the Shanny / Lynch were lying, or joined the fray late, we never even contacted the Steelers about him per Shanny and Lynch. I think the off field antics just pushed us off (if we had any interest to begin with) so soon on the heels of the Foster mess. 

Honestly, I think we'll sign a midtier free agent type, and draft a receiver at 36 (my best guess right now is Deebo) 

Granted I haven't watched a ton of Deebo, but how much does he overlap with Pettis (a guy I thought for sure the Packers were drafting)?

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Granted I haven't watched a ton of Deebo, but how much does he overlap with Pettis (a guy I thought for sure the Packers were drafting)?

A fair amount in some regards, but I think shanny simply has a type (over 6'1 need not apply, good at creating separation in quick bursts). Deebo isn't the route technician Pettis is, but he's thicker, better at traffic catches and underneath while Pettis is more natural outside the hashes. Pettis was trained as the x last year, and should start there this year (with some reps in the slot and Goodwin coming into the x spot on some packages).  Shanny had Deebo rolling at the Z all of senior bowl week, and he was impressive, and that's the position we need. I think Kyle liked Deebo from jump and wanted to see how he looked there

12 hours ago, Forge said:

A fair amount in some regards, but I think shanny simply has a type (over 6'1 need not apply, good at creating separation in quick bursts). Deebo isn't the route technician Pettis is, but he's thicker, better at traffic catches and underneath while Pettis is more natural outside the hashes. Pettis was trained as the x last year, and should start there this year (with some reps in the slot and Goodwin coming into the x spot on some packages).  Shanny had Deebo rolling at the Z all of senior bowl week, and he was impressive, and that's the position we need. I think Kyle liked Deebo from jump and wanted to see how he looked there

I like Deebo as well.

"Whip it!" 

:P

Archived