2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

1 minute ago, Forge said:

While I do think DK is a bit linear and vernon esque, his 3-cone was hurt because he basically slipped twice during the drill. I'm assuming that he's going to redo it at the pro day for a better result. 

Ahh, didn't see that. Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch any of the combine this year. The life of a parent of a 7-month-old, I suppose. ¬¬

11 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree 100%. I'm not sure I'd take WR on day one, honestly. I think D.K. is basically Vernon Davis with better hands, if he really can't change direction, I think he has bust written all over him. I like Harry as the #1 WR, but I don't love Harry above pick 20. 

oh no doubt,
I can see only maybe one or two WRs going day one. and possibly see that as a justifiable pick (depending on the team) 
but day two?......I see ALOT of WRs coming off the board. 

2 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

oh no doubt,
I can see only maybe one or two WRs going day one. and possibly see that as a justifiable pick (depending on the team) 
but day two?......I see ALOT of WRs coming off the board. 

The only round 1 option I like is the Ravens taking Harry. Jackson needs a big-bodied WR with a huge catch radius. That pairing just makes too much sense. 

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think I like Harry better. I'll be honest, I spent very little time looking into Harry and DK since I don't think they fit the Niners' plans. 

yeah I could see them grabbing DK even though Harry may have the bigger upside and possibly better pro career. 
If I'm not mistaken, Ozzie isn't calling the shots on draft day anymore with the ravens so that wise evaluator of talent isn't gong to be there and I can see them going with the sexier pick

50 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The only round 1 option I like is the Ravens taking Harry. Jackson needs a big-bodied WR with a huge catch radius. That pairing just makes too much sense. 

Interesting. I'm actually going the opposite way - I'd put a track team around Jackson. I think a guy like Paris Campbell would make a ton of sense for them. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

I agree that Harmon and Ridley didn't ball out at the combine, but those two guys win with excellent route running and high-end catching ability. Their stock will bounce back up at their pro days.

This offense really needs an Anquan Boldin type player. Someone who can win at the intermediate level and be a reliable possession target. With Pettis and Goodwin stretching the field vertically, Kittle stretching the field horizontally and vertically, Taylor and James being reliable short to intermediate targets, we need someone who finds holes in the zone 10-20 yards down the field and wins one-on-one matchups. I think Harmon, Ridley, and Brown fit that mold perfectly. Samuel is an excellent option for this offense, too, but more in the mold of Pettis as he can play every WR position.

To me the closest thing to Boldin in this draft is Harry. Harry is a bit bigger and a bit faster but their style of play is similar from what I have seen from Harry so far. If he somehow slipped to #36 I would be overjoyed.

2 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

To me the closest thing to Boldin in this draft is Harry. Harry is a bit bigger and a bit faster but their style of play is similar from what I have seen from Harry so far. If he somehow slipped to #36 I would be overjoyed.

Maybe, but I see some Boldin-esque play in JJ Arcega-Whiteside out of Stanford. I think the kid had 15 TDs this season?! I could be wrong... Ah, 14.

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting. I'm actually going the opposite way - I'd put a track team around Jackson. I think a guy like Paris Campbell would make a ton of sense for them. 

With Jackson not being the most accurate guy in the world, I'd give him all of the big-bodied pass catchers I can find. Jackson with small, quick-moving targets just sounds like an extremely low completion percentage to me.

16 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

With Jackson not being the most accurate guy in the world, I'd give him all of the big-bodied pass catchers I can find. Jackson with small, quick-moving targets just sounds like an extremely low completion percentage to me.

I think @Forge was saying he wants guys who can take the top off a defense to keep the safties and corners honest and thereby giving them more running room.

I agree with you about Harry, he would be a good fit imo and that big body would be great blocking on the edge to help spring long runs. I think they also need speed, Jackson isn't super accurate but he can throw the ball downfield 

2 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

so what about these huge corners that are available in the draft?

who to you like in the 2nd 3rd or 4th round?

Oruwariye is a great option in rd 2.. Justin Layne and Mullen must be a consideration. 

I wouldn't mind them, depending on FA, but just depends. Still want Edge in rd 1, then WR/S in rd 2.. but this can change. 

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

Oruwariye is a great option in rd 2.. Justin Layne and Mullen must be a consideration. 

I wouldn't mind them, depending on FA, but just depends. Still want Edge in rd 1, then WR/S in rd 2.. but this can change. 

I agree, 
I think 1 should be edge and 2 should be WR
so a corner in the 3rd

I have been doing mocks on this website 
https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

and following the formula of EDGE  then WR, then CB

It keeps leaving the top corners left at 3rd round like Ya-sin, Boyd, Jackson, and Long

of those guys, I like Jackson for our scheme

Archived