2019 Draft Talk (Draft Order in OP)

TecmoSuperJoe

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Green is still the tricky part of that for me. I'm amenable is we get him in a trade if only because he's already a great player. 

Actually, I should probably amend that. Cincy is a bad example because a trade with them includes either green or next year's first and I'd take both. 

Let's say Denver at 10 lol

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that goes without saying the higher the pick, the higher chance you have of grabbing a stud. But there are guys on the "top" guys level. Myles Garrett, Khalil Mack or Von Miller there is not in this draft. And besides, at #4 we can get my #1 player in the draft possibly as well as hit on other needs. Could grab an interior OL/CB/FS/WR with our late 1st and early 2nd. And then still could fill one of other needs with our high 3rd rounder. Or we can flip that for a 2020 2nd rounder.

Disagree. I think Bosa and Allen can be 10+ sack guys in the NFL. Bosa is purely health related. If he's playing 14-16 gms he'll be a double digit sack guy. Allen if he's drafted and used as a pass rusher and not an off the ball LB. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Conventional wisdom says if the Bengals truly want to move up to #2 for Haskins, would they not want to give him the best chance to succeed with Green? I mean the Giants sure didn't think OBJ would be the best option going forward for their young QB, but the Bengals would also be giving up additional picks to help build around Haskins. 

I'd make the trade with the raiders first, then trade down with the Bengals lol

PFF spotlight on JJ Arcega-Whiteside from a few days ago:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-why-stanfords-jj-arcega-whiteside-is-a-top-three-wideout-in-the-2019-nfl-draft

Interesting that there was this tweet in the article:

But can he separate? The PFF article doesn't really highlight that as a strong point. More so, a potential struggle, which is why he had so many contested balls. 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-why-stanfords-jj-arcega-whiteside-is-a-top-three-wideout-in-the-2019-nfl-draft

But can he separate? The PFF article doesn't really highlight that as a strong point. More so, a potential struggle, which is why he had so many contested balls. 

There are certainly guys who can better. That is a concern for both he and Harry. I still think Deebo is our guy, but honestly, I'm not going to be shocked by any receiver we take

2 hours ago, Forge said:

There are certainly guys who can better. That is a concern for both he and Harry. I still think Deebo is our guy, but honestly, I'm not going to be shocked by any receiver we take

Yes, PFF was even lower on Harry, mostly because he just can not separate down the field. He's 8th in their WR rankings. Samuel is 7th.

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I think he can separate just fine. He reminds me ALOT of Pettis in that regard. My question with him has always been can he threaten CBs enough vertically so that he isnt just a possession type of guy. But I think his ability as a route-runner, along with his short-area wiggle with definitely allow him to create space on those short-intermediate routes.

33 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

@757-NINER: That Draft Network vid is good. Watched it a couple times now. Have I mentioned that JJAW is my fave WR in this draft?! :x

I do think he will be able to get open consistently in the NFL when he is allowed to expand his route tree. Stanford really limits what routes are run in their O.

I still have questions about his ability to get open deep...

9 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't have to sell me on this guy. I've had him rated higher than most on this board. If you want a TRUE RZ threat, this is the guy right here. Think of him as a prime Jimmy Graham in that regard. The efficiency he wins those jump balls is pretty damn amazing.

Ben Banogu is underrated. His film is actually way better than he's given credit for.  He's being projected as a late rounder but if he was there in the sixth, he's a must get for me. Will come in immediately and push for the SAM job and has starter upside as a pass-rusher. Combine freak who puts it on tape but is just big lump of clay. Really, really starting to like him. 

4 minutes ago, John232 said:

Ben Banogu is underrated. His film is actually way better than he's given credit for.  He's being projected as a late rounder but if he was there in the sixth, he's a must get for me. Will come in immediately and push for the SAM job and has starter upside as a pass-rusher. Combine freak who puts it on tape but is just big lump of clay. Really, really starting to like him. 

He's got his fans, but fairly polarizing prospect from what I have seen. I haven't done much work on him

Archived