The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

Just now, Mind Character said:

NaVorro Bowman is a name of someone that was great that is washed now... no one should be excited about that signing... much like the Willie McGinest signing... or Donte Whitner signing...  the name is bigger and better than the play ability...

Sometimes even the play is average the leadership and mentoring ability are elite and can not be quantified. Sometimes a strong intelligent leader could be all that’s missing. 

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

NaVorro Bowman is a name of someone that was great that is washed now... no one should be excited about that signing... much like the Willie McGinest signing... or Donte Whitner signing...  the name is bigger and better than the play ability...

He’s 30 not 35. He played well in Oakland last year but he’s not good in coverage anymore. We just need someone who can make a tackle. Which Jamie Collins refuses to attempt. 

21 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Trade for reddick 

20 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Sometimes even the play is average the leadership and mentoring ability are elite and can not be quantified. Sometimes a strong intelligent leader could be all that’s missing. 

I'd absolutely agree, but starting LBs (assuming that we'd start him) have to still have the ability to play at the correct level for it to be valuable.

There's a lot of great leaders and great football minds on the street as FAs who's bodies have failed them due to their amazing sacrifice for their teammates and the game of football.

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s 30 not 35. He played well in Oakland last year but he’s not good in coverage anymore. We just need someone who can make a tackle. Which Jamie Collins refuses to attempt. 

Age has nothing to do with anything...  My understanding of his play in Oakland was that he did not play well in the run or in the pass.

I wish I was wrong. He is an elite leader, and I loved him as a player...he cannot move with the pace necessary to be a force in the run, cannot move in the passing game...

I would love to add him as a situational player with leadership and locker room stabilizing abilities...

Just now, Mind Character said:

I'd absolutely agree, but starting LBs (assuming that we'd start him) have to still have the ability to play at the correct level for it to be valuable.

There's a lot of great leaders and great football minds on the street as FAs who's bodies have failed them due to their amazing sacrifice for their teammates and the game of football.

Age has nothing to do with anything...  My understanding of his play in Oakland was that he did not play well in the run or in the pass.

I wish I was wrong. He is an elite leader, and I loved him as a player...he cannot move with the pace necessary to be a force in the run, cannot move in the passing game...

I would love to add him as a situational player with leadership and locker room stabilizing abilities...

For a one year deal I would take that at the point we’re at as a team. We need to learn how to win. And have some of the young kids develop that all or nothing mentality. He would do that for us. 

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

For a one year deal I would take that at the point we’re at as a team. We need to learn how to win. And have some of the young kids develop that all or nothing mentality. He would do that for us. 

Exactly. A one year deal won’t hurt anything. He’s not worse than burgess or anyone in on the 2nd string. So at least we’d have a leader and tackler. 

Archived