The 53: Player, Roster, & Acquisitions Talk

Mind Character

Trade for Amari Cooper right now...

Young, talented... needs a fresh start... has known issues that will make him relatively cheap...

He never had drop issues in college...

Raiders aren't getting a 1st or 2nd for him...

Brandin Cooks was traded for a 1st round pick and 3rd to the Patriots; then was traded for a 1st and other round considerations to the Rams...

Cooks and Cooper are not on the same tier of WR production, consistency, and value...

I'd trade a 3rd round pick in 2019 and a 5th round pick in 2020 for Cooper and surround him with Sports Psychologists that can get his mindset back to being positive, as well as WR Coach Adam Henry, Hue Jackson, Jarvis Landry, and Baker Mayfield getting him back to being the Alpha he once was...

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Trade for Amari Cooper right now...

Young, talented... needs a fresh start... has known issues that will make him relatively cheap...

He never had drop issues in college...

Raiders aren't getting a 1st or 2nd for him...

Brandin Cooks was traded for a 1st round pick and 3rd to the Patriots; then was traded for a 1st and other round considerations to the Rams...

Cooks and Cooper are not on the same tier of WR production, consistency, and value...

I'd trade a 3rd round pick in 2019 and a 5th round pick in 2020 for Cooper and surround him with Sports Psychologists that can get his mindset back to being positive, as well as WR Coach Adam Henry, Hue Jackson, Jarvis Landry, and Baker Mayfield getting him back to being the Alpha he once was...

Spot on.

I'm not in favor of trading high picks for a Cooper or Peterson. We're the youngest team in the NFL, not in win now mode. You may say that Cooper is still young, fair. He's also had plenty of questions with effort. There's gonna be enough adversity that there's no doubt he'll encounter the same frustrations here he's had in Oakland. If you can get him for nothing higher than 3rd round picks, sure, make it happen. But this team is in a development stage. Many of us were hopeful for a playoff run this year. Today was a wake up call. We just aren't there yet. At the same time, Baker needs help and we may not be able to wait for the offseason to address it. But I'm not in favor of sacrificing long term success for a quick fix. We've come this far, we need to do it the right way.

Archived