Denzel Ward

Ward Pick Yay or Nay   

56 members have voted

1. 1. Ward Pick Yay or Nay

• Yay! 🤗
    • Nay! 😤

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

On the AB TD. Its not fair to even suggest Ward got beat, Champ Bailey in his prime wouldn't have defended that without drawing a flag. It was perfectly placed. He played the ball and receiver perfectly but the perfect pass is undefendable.

He did play it well but it is entirely possible that he could have separated the arm from the ball when it got there, it looked like that was going to happen but he just missed. I'd say he had a 50/50 chance to break up that play with his position he just didn't get it that time but it was certainly defendable.

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

He did play it well but it is entirely possible that he could have separated the arm from the ball when it got there, it looked like that was going to happen but he just missed. I'd say he had a 50/50 chance to break up that play with his position he just didn't get it that time but it was certainly defendable.

IF he would have gotten his head around earlier he could have made a play on it.  But going up against AB and a prefect pass from Ben "Therapist" Roethlisberger, I don't see anyone else in the league doing much better.   

35 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

IF he would have gotten his head around earlier he could have made a play on it.  But going up against AB and a prefect pass from Ben "Therapist" Roethlisberger, I don't see anyone else in the league doing much better.   

Yeah it was tight coverage he just didn't rattle the ball loose but it was close. No complaints on that coverage at all.

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

IF he would have gotten his head around earlier he could have made a play on it.

In man coverage you are taught not to turn your head until the WR's hands go up. I'm a defensive coach and nothing results in more long touchdowns than CB's peeking for the football too early in man coverage. You are taught to wait until his hands go up to catch the ball, turn your head, leap in the air, and bat the ball down or pick it off. I don't want Ward peeking back for the football prematurely. It's bad defense.

His coverage on Antonio Brown on that play was pretty much elite. Brown just does that to elite players regularly. Just gotta tip your hat to him on that one.

That was the best game a Cleveland DB has had in years. Since Haden locked up AJ Green what seems like ages ago.

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Wow. The rapist.

That's a harsh nickname.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

In man coverage you are taught not to turn your head until the WR's hands go up. I'm a defensive coach and nothing results in more long touchdowns than CB's peeking for the football too early in man coverage. You are taught to wait until his hands go up to catch the ball, turn your head, leap in the air, and bat the ball down or pick it off. I don't want Ward peeking back for the football prematurely. It's bad defense.

His coverage on Antonio Brown on that play was pretty much elite. Brown just does that to elite players regularly. Just gotta tip your hat to him on that one.

That was the best game a Cleveland DB has had in years. Since Haden locked up AJ Green what seems like ages ago.

I don't disagree with you.  I was just saying IF and it was a big IF, it was even capitalized.  But he did everything he was supposed to.

2 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I don’t tbink even getting his head around would of helped. If he turns his head away it’s prolly an easier play for AB. Ward was on him perfectly and has his arm in a great position. Just got beat by greatness in AB and BIgBen

Archived