BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

18 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

@Jlashwhat is gives with that 

I posted this after the first playoff match ups that I got promoted and have been totally overwhelmed. It'll slow down, it's just been playing catch up. It hasn't been intentional and I plan on voting in this one.

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

We have teams basically forfeiting games because they don't have enough lineman and you want to reduce rosters 

No Bueno

Nothing to do with the roster limit. There was ample opportunity to add OL through waivers and plenty of space 15-17 slots to do so. 

This week Lukic would be down to 3 healthy OL with Massie also out. 

I don't expect anything to change as I've been fighting this battle and losing for 6 years. People would rather have more crappy draft picks than a heath waiver system.

Yeah my problem was nothing to do with the roster limit. Once you get past 60 players it's pretty much scrub hoarding. I easily had the room for more OL if I needed. I was just unlucky that out of 7 OL who had missed like 2 games between them all year, 3 of them went down in the one week (four now if you include Massie). 

With that said I don't really have a dog in the fight. Waivers from 15-17 is much more important to me to avoid stuff like what happened this year or a team getting really unlucky in a certain position area come the playoffs with no chance to fix it. 

16 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Yeah my problem was nothing to do with the roster limit. Once you get past 60 players it's pretty much scrub hoarding. I easily had the room for more OL if I needed. I was just unlucky that out of 7 OL who had missed like 2 games between them all year, 3 of them went down in the one week (four now if you include Massie). 

With that said I don't really have a dog in the fight. Waivers from 15-17 is much more important to me to avoid stuff like what happened this year or a team getting really unlucky in a certain position area come the playoffs with no chance to fix it. 

Honestly I think it's part of the roster construction to have a team capable of sustaining injuries.

I'm much more concerned about the fact that teams start shutting down/resting semi-injured players week 16 and 17. For instance I'm sure Hogan would play if this game was a playoff game for the Pats, but he probably won't, which sucks. The more players you have on teams fighting for playoff spots the better chance you get to have all your players on the field for the PO. But the rule is the same for everyone and there's no easy solution.

• Like 1

Davante Adams just got 14 million a year. I've got him locked up for 4k a year for 5 more seasons, thanks dingo.

We should definitely look into rules for minimum RFA contracts since me and Pheltz lucked out with Dingo's stupidity.

Edited by OleXmad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OleXmad said:

Davante Adams just got 14 million a year. I've got him locked up for 4k a year for 5 more seasons, thanks dingo.

We should definitely look into rules for minimum RFA contracts since me and Pheltz lucked out with Dingo's stupidity.

Nope if you get a break I want to get a break in the future

13 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Nope if you get a break I want to get a break in the future

I'll make you the recipient of the yearly "Stupid xmad trade" it usually works out well for the other party.

2016 Trade= Tom Brady for a 5th,  Led to the Jizz getting Tom Brady for a decent haul along with Bizzbowl relevance until the blood magic runs out.

2017 Trade= John Ross for two 1sts, Which led to me having John Ross who isn't worth two 7ths right now and Orlando now has like 5 1sts next year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OleXmad said:

No. Plenty of people had the option to bid higher and didn't.

14 hours ago, OleXmad said:

I'll make you the recipient of the yearly "Stupid xmad trade" it usually works out well for the other party.

2016 Trade= Tom Brady for a 5th,  Led to the Jizz getting Tom Brady for a decent haul along with Bizzbowl relevance until the blood magic runs out.

2017 Trade= John Ross for two 1sts, Which led to me having John Ross who isn't worth two 7ths right now and Orlando now has like 5 1sts next year. 

You got much more for Tom Brady than that. I'm the guy who initially traded for Brady and that deal was vetoed.

23 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Advocating for shrinking rosters should result in an increase of releasing players. From $500 to $600 is a possible solution.

Or just stop signing scrubs/ERFA's. There shouldn't be a correction for something until there is an issue with it. I truly think 60 should be the final limit but I'll take 65 for this year to see how it works out.

On a Hilarious note the Jazz would have had 2 OL for the Bizzbowl. Depth Depth Depth.

Dolphins LT Laremy Tunsil (ankle) is doubtful for Week 17 against the Bills.

It is a disappointing end to what was a disappointing first season at left tackle for the 2016 first-round pick. The good news is Tunsil should be completely healed well before the offseason program and has the talent to make a jump next year. As always seems to be the case, the Dolphins need to upgrade their offensive line this offseason.

Edited by SirA1