BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

1 hour ago, SkunkApes said:

I know we discussed this privately, but I would be willing to continue running Orlando again while finding a new co-owner to on-board/teach BDL like we did with Hockey early on, and we can give Hockey his completely own team (Compton).

Most of us have also talked about this privately actually, and we're probably better off letting Hockey run Orlando as he's pretty much doing it anyway. Holding a team hostage based on seniority and not really participating isn't really something that helps the league at all. And at this point, having a sure thing running Orlando (hockey) is better than him leaving and now having two holes to fill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Most of us have also talked about this privately actually, and we're probably better off letting Hockey run Orlando as he's pretty much doing it anyway. Holding a team hostage based on seniority and not really participating isn't really something that helps the league at all. And at this point, having a sure thing running Orlando (hockey) is better than him leaving and now having two holes to fill. 

I mean I'm still the owner as is, so that's not really on the table as I noted going into the year what the situation was. The idea I was floating on my end was a sort of developmental one for new owners joining the league that need help early on. I know I'll be able to find new co-owners every year, and given our attrition rate, always having someone in waiting with BDL experience is probably a good idea. I think Hockey is more than ready to leave the nest and run his own team with full personnel control, and I can bring someone new in to show the ropes.

If not that's fine, I can just continue running the team with Hockey as is. Just an idea.

1 minute ago, SkunkApes said:

so that's not really on the table

I'd disagree, strongly.  At this point, you're the owner in name only. Hockey does the heavy lifting. You're non-existent during the hardest part of the year aside from critique, so if we're to lose 1 of the 2 of you, losing Hockey would be the harder hit at this point. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I'll set the owners meeting to start mid week this week and I'll just tagging people so everyone is aware.

Is this owner's meeting where my team's rebranding/relocation will be approved/denied?

Reports coming out are that there are multiple candidates, but early favorites are Belguim Waffles, Swiss Cash Money, and Iceland Greenlanders.

I did see that my division has teams in Cuba, Rome, and Berlin, so I'm guessing somewhere near the Atlantic is the preference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Is this owner's meeting where my team's rebranding/relocation will be approved/denied?

Reports coming out are that there are multiple candidates, but early favorites are Belguim Waffles, Swiss Cash Money, and Iceland Greenlanders.

I did see that my division has teams in Cuba, Rome, and Berlin, so I'm guessing somewhere near the Atlantic is the preference.

Atlantic would be wonderful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

If you prefer, you can come to the Pacific and I'd relocate in the Atlantic. If the league is ok with it obviously. 

26 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

If you prefer, you can come to the Pacific and I'd relocate in the Atlantic. If the league is ok with it obviously. 

While it would be exciting to bring around the Tokyo Drift/Kaiju/Godzilla/Kamikazes, I feel like the Atlantic is where all the cool cats are at. We got the most recent champion, we got teams in real cities, and I'm sure once the rebranding is complete everyone will be thrilled to face the new franchise.

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

On the real though, do I present my rebranding in this thread, or do I PM some sort of committee, or...?

Just more or less say @Spreadsheetperson like @TedLavie please change the name of my team to _______

and make sure to offer them a blood sacrifice. 

Oh and don't do a @rofldogs where you steal some other person's team name but barely change it. 

Edited by DingoLadd