BDL Discussion Thread *OWNERS MEETING STARTS 1/31/18*

Jlash

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Compton has 1.1, 1.11, and 2.1.  So three picks in the top 17.

Another alternative instead of the Russell Wilson move, which looking at it could help Orlando as he has Mahomes to take over and it would drop 20k from his cap(he needs cap room for all his picks), could be hockey getting a high pick or two from Orlando.  Orlando has 1.2, 1.9, 1.12, 2.3, 2.12, and 2.15.  The 2nd overall pick might be a bit steep, but 1.12 and 2.12 could work.  

But I'm pretty set on footsy not being able to have a co-owner until this time next year as a show of commitment.

Making random punishments for random offenses wouldn't help the league at all. I've been on record saying Footsy should be kicked out of BDL since last year, but I don't see why he should lose a pick or a QB (stripping someone of a pick for being an a**hole is a Pandora box you don't want to open) and I don't see why should Compton benefit from it instead of another team.

Either Hockey takes over Compton and he should try to find a QB the right way. Or he wants Orlando and we have a league vote on how to handle that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Making random punishments for random offenses wouldn't help the league at all. I've been on record saying Footsy should be kicked out of BDL since last year, but I don't see why he should lose a pick or a QB (stripping someone of a pick for being an a**hole is a Pandora box you don't want to open) and I don't see why should Compton benefit from it instead of another team.

Either Hockey takes over Compton and he should try to find a QB the right way. Or he wants Orlando and we have a league vote on how to handle that. 

You are probably right.  

Pretty much up to hockey now.  Also @Hockey5djh, didn't you say you knew a guy or two you could bring in as your co-owners?

42 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You are probably right.  

Pretty much up to hockey now.  Also @Hockey5djh, didn't you say you knew a guy or two you could bring in as your co-owners?

Yes, I've already recruited EaglesPete as a Co-manager at least for the first year. Knowing him he'll be capable of taking his own team sooner rather than later if need be but he would only be a co-owner to start because of our history with GM mock offseasons and such.

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Yes, I've already recruited EaglesPete as a Co-manager at least for the first year. Knowing him he'll be capable of taking his own team sooner rather than later if need be but he would only be a co-owner to start because of our history with GM mock offseasons and such.

Ok, well it sounds like the ball is in your court.  Do you and EPete want to take over Compton?

After the good points Ted raised, I think moving Wilson or picks is probably out.  That's a door we probably shouldn't open.  

FWIW, I didn't even know that Hockey wasn't the actual owner of Orlando. I've talked with him via PM about potential trades and had no idea he wasn't the full owner. Until these past few days I hadn't seen this other guy. Frankly I don't think my opinion on this situation should matter as it seems like this has been something brewing from well before I joined.

I know my team had a rough showing with me at the helm those last several weeks, but I figure with a new season I'll have a fresh start this year and be able to go with the flow of everything and pick things up as we progress.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I would hate it, but one option would be for me to take Compton and Hockey take OKC if he were interested. He would have to move the team though 

How would that solve anything? Hockey still would have to look for a QB.

@OleXmad didn't you recruit a co-owner this year? Is he involved?

• Like 1