Packers Off-season Mini-Camp/Training Camp Discussion Thread

Don't imagine the 4th receiver is going to play much until an injury occurs to one of the first three guys. 

Maybe a snap or two where they want somebody with long speed to go deep?  But since Kumerow is slow anyway he wouldn't get snaps for a set like that anyway.  

*IF* they did get an injury to one of the three starters, I'd figure they could always resign Kumerow off the street then, right?  

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay.....but that tells me nothing about how he plays the position.
Whats he been doing? Whats been holding him back? What can he do for us - if anything?

Old people are bad at sports leader. All you need to know! 

Any of you jabronis gonna watch family night tonight

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Kumero isn't making the team, you can bank on that.  Every year, fans freak out about these "veteran" WRs who are producing in camps, and year after year they're released during cutdowns.  You've got your 3 "starting" WRs (Adams, Cobb, and Allison), you've got your high developmental guy (J'Mon Moore) as your 4th WR.  Your 5th and 6th WRs are either developmental prospects or hold ST value.  Kumero really isn't that.  MVS and Trevor Davis both offer ST value, which is why I'd give them the leg up for those last two WR spots.  ESB needs to standout if he wants to make the 53 man roster, otherwise he's going to get cut and they'll try and bring him to the PS.

Remember Tyrone Walker?

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams, Allison, and Cobb seem a lock for offensive play.

Davis seems a lock for specials play. 

Moore seems a lock for draft position.

IF you bring six, it seems you're making a choice between MVS, ESB, and Kumerow.

MVS holds the ST value.

Kumerow probably holds the offensive value for this year.

Kumerow is 26. Gotta believe that's going to damn his chances.

With Bulaga active and the situation with Cole Madison, I think it's likely Madison is on the PS or IR, and we carry 7 WRs and make a decision when Aaron Jones is back Week 3. EQ seems like the one to PS at this point between the 8

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

With Bulaga active and the situation with Cole Madison, I think it's likely Madison is on the PS or IR, and we carry 7 WRs and make a decision when Aaron Jones is back Week 3. EQ seems like the one to PS at this point between the 8

I'd need to look into the rules but I would think he's likely to end up on the non-football injury list. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:
3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'd need to look into the rules but I would think he's likely to end up on the non-football injury list. 

Me too, not sure how you stash him. Maybe he trips on his way into the building and breaks a toe

Teams can use mental health as a reason to put a player on Non-Football Injury list. That frees up a roster spot at cutdown time - but then, just like the PUP list, he has to miss the first 6 weeks of the season. Then the team has a 3 week window to make a decision on his roster spot

Seems like it might be a viable option for Cole Madison

Some training camp cutups. Things I noticed:

That MVS route is nice, totally illegal contact by House but that 5 yarder is worth avoiding how bad he was about to get burned.

Rodgers to Graham is sexy.

That TD to EQ was on a read throw by Aaron. The fact that he was on the same wavelength and adjusted his route accordingly to make the play probably went a long way with #12. That's what we know most about him, it's not your physical gifts, it's when you can start to think like him that he starts to trust you.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Some training camp cutups. Things I noticed:

That MVS route is nice, totally illegal contact by House but that 5 yarder is worth avoiding how bad he was about to get burned.

Rodgers to Graham is sexy.

That TD to EQ was on a read throw by Aaron. The fact that he was on the same wavelength and adjusted his route accordingly to make the play probably went a long way with #12. That's what we know most about him, it's not your physical gifts, it's when you can start to think like him that he starts to trust you.

Where is the no look pass :( 

18 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They do?  Who?

There's not many good options that I want to risk. Everyone else seems like oh they can probably do it! But nobody really knows if they can do it clean and consistent. The fact so many thinks he's so bad at returning says a lot to me

Just now, Norm said:

There's not many good options that I want to risk. Everyone else seems like oh they can probably do it! But nobody really knows if they can do it clean and consistent. The fact so many thinks he's so bad at returning says a lot to me

It really only says one thing to me, and that's that nobody here has any perspective on anything at all. 

24 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I think we keep 7 WR this year. Adams, Cobb, Allison, Davis, Moore, MVS and ESB. 

If we decide to roll with 6 WR and keep 2 FB this year I'm not going to be happy. Neither Kerridge or Rip give us enough value for us to lose out on a guy like ESB. 

What value does ESB bring this year? Why is everyone convinced we're losing this dude if he gets cut? We already know at least one NFL team just doesn't want him on the roster. 

Archived