FIX your team thread.

resilient part 2

28 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Would a 2019 unprotected 1st round pick + Wes Mathews be enough to get Bradley Beal (along with Mahimi’s contract) out of Washington?

That would make sense from a number of view points. Eliminates the Wall/Beal dynamic. Replaces Beal in the line up with Matthews, Gives the wizards a potentially good pick in 2019, and saves them 23 million in cap space next year, getting them out of the luxury tax. 

From the point of view of the Mavs, it gives them a guy to go with Smith/Barnes and number 5 to form a very good core group. 

I think I would consider this from both teams, the question the mavs have to ask is 

1. are we going to be able to sign anyone better than Beal with our cap space in the next few years
2. Does this team make the playoffs next year, or could we be possibly trading a top 5 pick for Beal, and is he worth it?

18 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

That would make sense from a number of view points. Eliminates the Wall/Beal dynamic. Replaces Beal in the line up with Matthews, Gives the wizards a potentially good pick in 2019, and saves them 23 million in cap space next year, getting them out of the luxury tax. 

From the point of view of the Mavs, it gives them a guy to go with Smith/Barnes and number 5 to form a very good core group. 

I think I would consider this from both teams, the question the mavs have to ask is 

1. are we going to be able to sign anyone better than Beal with our cap space in the next few years
2. Does this team make the playoffs next year, or could we be possibly trading a top 5 pick for Beal, and is he worth it?

He'd be worth it, imo, but obviously it's not my opinion that really matters. We couldn't attract free agents, even while having the sales pitch of playing alongside Dirk in his prime, so odds are high a 24 year old all-star is going to be a better alternative than whatever next (or this) year's FA market will get you, and while I don't think Beal himself gets the Mavs into the postseason, especially in the west, I do think he'd get them into the later part of the lottery. Then just hope Dennis and whoever we take at #5 continue to develop, and a year or two down the road I don't think the playoffs are out of the question. 

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

Would a 2019 unprotected 1st round pick + Wes Mathews be enough to get Bradley Beal (along with Mahimi’s contract) out of Washington?

No.  That would be a significant downgrade at SG for the Wiz, and the 2019 pick likely won't be high lottery again after adding Beal and a top 5 prospect this year.  

5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

rockets trade everyone but Harden, CP3, Tucker, and Capela. Get CP3 to take 23 million next year. Give Paul George and Capela a max deal. resign Green, Mbah A Moute, Tarik Black and Joe Johnson to vet minimum deals. Bring Ariza back on the MLE. 

Harden/CP3/PG/Tucker/Capela
Green/Ariza/Johnson/Moute/Black

plus any vets willing to play for a ring on a vet  minimum like Jarrett Jack, Aaron Brooks or trevor booker 

lol Mbah A Moute ain't take the vet minimum. You're nuts and Ariza ain't taking the MLE. Thats a pipe dream to the fullest.

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

No.  That would be a significant downgrade at SG for the Wiz, and the 2019 pick likely won't be high lottery again after adding Beal and a top 5 prospect this year.  

Sure, but Wes is still a solid 3 and D guy (albeit a grossly overpaid one) with an expiring contract who be a good fit next to John Wall, and the pick will still be a top 10-12 pick, plus significant cap relief. Like $58 mill in cap relief, which for a team who's cap is FUBAR'd is a pretty big deal. 

42 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Celtics sign lebron or trade kyrie and something for kawhi and dejonte murray or trade jaylen/kyrie and rozier for anthony davis

only ways i see the celtics getting better with theis/kyrie/hayward/larkin coming off injuries

kyrie and 2018 first round pick for dejounte murray, 18th overall draft pick, and tony parker

(spurs sign kawhi leonard to supermax contract)

jaylen brown, terry rozier, marcus morris, Kings/Grizzlies first round pick, Celtics first round picks 2019/2020 for anthony davis

(pelicans sign demarcus cousins to max contract)

re-sign marcus smart, shane larkin, aron baynes

(gordon hayward and daniel theis return healthy)

heading into next season:

1: dejounte murray(22)/tony parker(36)/shane larkin(26)

2: gordon hayward(28)/marcus smart(24)

3: jayson tatum(20)/semi ojeleye(22)

4: al horford(32)/daniel theis(26)/guerschon yabusele(22)

5: anthony davis(25)/aron baynes(31)

1 hour ago, Texasmade said:

Sure, but Wes is still a solid 3 and D guy (albeit a grossly overpaid one) with an expiring contract who be a good fit next to John Wall, and the pick will still be a top 10-12 pick, plus significant cap relief. Like $58 mill in cap relief, which for a team who's cap is FUBAR'd is a pretty big deal. 

They have guys they can dump like Gortat to save cap space.  Why would they dump an All star SG for a late lottery pick and an expiring contract?  That’s a terrible deal for the Wizards.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

kyrie and 2018 first round pick for dejounte murray, 18th overall draft pick, and tony parker

(spurs sign kawhi leonard to supermax contract)

jaylen brown, terry rozier, marcus morris, Kings/Grizzlies first round pick, Celtics first round picks 2019/2020 for anthony davis

(pelicans sign demarcus cousins to max contract)

re-sign marcus smart, shane larkin, aron baynes

(gordon hayward and daniel theis return healthy)

heading into next season:

1: dejounte murray(22)/tony parker(36)/shane larkin(26)

2: gordon hayward(28)/marcus smart(24)

3: jayson tatum(20)/semi ojeleye(22)

4: al horford(32)/daniel theis(26)/guerschon yabusele(22)

5: anthony davis(25)/aron baynes(31)

Ok, I like your optimism, and while it might be a long shot in my eyes there actually is a chance

57 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They don’t have the cap space and Lebron doesn’t take discounts.

If James doesn’t want to win with the Wizards by taking less, the next most likely destination in the East is Detroit. The opportunity to turn the franchise around and play with bigs like Griffin and Drummond will be appealing in addition to being geographically close to Cleveland. I think the Cavs will likely be his choice instead of the Pistons, Rockets, Lakers, Wizards, Celtics, or any other teams I’ve seen discussed.

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

If James doesn’t want to win with the Wizards by taking less, the next most likely destination in the East is Detroit. The opportunity to turn the franchise around and play with bigs like Griffin and Drummond will be appealing in addition to being geographically close to Cleveland. I think the Cavs will likely be his choice instead of the Pistons, Rockets, Lakers, Wizards, Celtics, or any other teams I’ve seen discussed.

Detroit over Philadelphia?  Why?

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Detroit over Philadelphia?  Why?

I explained why for Detroit, but why over Philadelphia? The bigs are dominant, experienced, and consistent, and I think the personalities click better with James/Griffin/Drummond. The Pistons have a new stadium closer to his home in Cleveland, an executive and former head scout of a two time NBA Championship appearing team in the New Jersey Nets and perineal post-season contenders in the Grizzlies. The Pistons are looking into reigning coach of the year Dwayne Casey to fill their bench. Shane Battier is also being considered to join as an executive which James should be familiar with personally from his time in Miami with the Heat. Structure at the top of the organization plus guys LeBron can gel with of similar stature in the NBA interpersonally seem like prerequisites after the Ty Lue and Kyrie drama of the past year or so.

If the Pistons want to acquire James they’d have to trade for him since they don’t have the cap to outright sign him. Reggie Jackson could be expendable but there may be other options. Additionally, James can’t kick out to Simmons for an open shot or legitimately look at their roster and count on any of the young players besides Embiid. The Sixers have their distributor in Simmons plus Markell’s Fultz at point guard. Maybe plentiful distributors could be a reason James likes the Sixers since he would like to be off ball more, reportedly. The Sixers are a really young team and the Pistons look like they gave the Celtics more trouble this season when they played. All that said, the Sixers  aren’t a bad destination for LeBron either, I’m just giving the reasons why I picked Detroit over Philadelphia.

Archived