FIX your team thread.

resilient part 2

Not my team, but the local team:

ATLANTA HAWKS:

I'd use my 30M in cap space this offseason to sign Aaron Gordon (RFA) and Mario Hezonja. 

With Schoroeder on the team + the new additions, I'd draft JJ Jr and start an identity as a smaller-ball team that's predicated on speed, athleticism, D, and getting to the basket. I think JJ Jr's length + athleticism will play well at C defensively. He can play away from the basket and make room for Gordon, DS, and Hezonja cutting and driving to the basket. 

Maybe I'd package Collins in a trade to get KB or Plumlee off the books and go after a bigger fish in 2019.

8 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

ATLANTA HAWKS:

I'd use my 30M in cap space this offseason to sign Aaron Gordon (RFA) and Mario Hezonja. 

With Schoroeder on the team + the new additions, I'd draft JJ Jr and start an identity as a smaller-ball team that's predicated on speed, athleticism, D, and getting to the basket. I think JJ Jr's length + athleticism will play well at C defensively. He can play away from the basket and make room for Gordon, DS, and Hezonja cutting and driving to the basket. 

Maybe I'd package Collins in a trade to get KB or Plumlee off the books and go after a bigger fish in 2019.

For good or bad, I would expect the Magic to match any offers for Gordon. But you never know.

9 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

ATLANTA HAWKS:

classic trick for bad teams to try and get a little sample of some players that were part of such a successful organization hoping to get a little bit of that culture

9 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

ATLANTA HAWKS:

The Atlanta Mawks.

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

For good or bad, I would expect the Magic to match any offers for Gordon. But you never know.

I wonder if he tries to bet on him self with a 1-year deal in 2018 so he see if some team is desperate enough to give him the much larger 3-year max deal in 2019. (He'd qualify for the "7-9-yr" vet max deal in 2019)

This is my ideal Portland offseason. I think its time to blow it up and go semi-Hinkie for a few seasons until the West has resettled with GSW and HOU declining a bit.

Trade Damian Lillard to Phoenix for #1 and filler. Draft Luka.

Trade CJ to Philly for #10 and Saric. (Filler to PDX would be Bayless to preserve cap space for LBJ/PG). Draft Mikal Bridges at #10

Trade Al-Fariq Aminu and #24 to SA for filler and #18. Draft Khyri Thomas.

Future Starters

PG - Khyri Thomas

SG - Mikal Bridges

SF - Luka Doncic

PF - Dario Saric

C - Jusuf Nurkic

That ball movement would be drool worthy.

26 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

Pray MPJ falls to #9, watch as he goes #7, and Mikal goes #8, then cry as we hope Trae Young can fit next to Frankie

Fortunately for you, Orlando is going to draft Young and he will bust and we will continue to be the face of NBA ineptitude. 

Nevertheless, here are my steps to fix the Magic I posted in our thread that won’t happen:

1) Draft MPJ. I say we go with the player with the highest ceiling. Boom or bust. We need a superstar in this city and I don’t think Young is that. If MPJ’s back checks out I think he will be a great player.

2) Match whatever offer Gordon receives and keep him. He’s good, which is something we can’t say about the rest of the roster and he atleast gives us somewhat of a face to the franchise. He is someone our fan base can rally around like we tried to do with Oladipo. RIP.

3 Attempt to keep Mario on the cheap, if we can’t then so be it. We can’t afford to overpay more players.

4) Look for an upgrade to the pg position in free agency so we can move DJ back to the bench. If we can’t find someone for the right price, then again, so be it. We have to have cap room for the future.

5) Start MPJ and Isaac every single game to let them develop. Roll out MPJ/Gordon/Isaac as our starting front court. Screw Vuc and Biz. Bums. If we’re down sub in Vuc, if we’re up sub in Biz.

6) Tank next season.

7) Let Vuc, Ross and Mack walk after next year. Opens up almost 29 mil in cap space.

8) Draft BPA in next years draft. If it is not a point guard, sign the best one on the market or use our assets to trade for one.

9) Compete for a playoff spot in 2019-20.

10) After the 2019-20 season Biz’s contract will be up, opening up another 17 mil. By then, hopefully Isaac and MPJ have taken some good steps, Gordon has continued to grow into the face of our franchise, and we will have the cap space to add a star to the roster through free agency.

rockets trade everyone but Harden, CP3, Tucker, and Capela. Get CP3 to take 23 million next year. Give Paul George and Capela a max deal. resign Green, Mbah A Moute, Tarik Black and Joe Johnson to vet minimum deals. Bring Ariza back on the MLE. 

Harden/CP3/PG/Tucker/Capela
Green/Ariza/Johnson/Moute/Black

plus any vets willing to play for a ring on a vet  minimum like Jarrett Jack, Aaron Brooks or trevor booker 

Archived