FIX your team thread.

resilient part 2

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Nuggets

Draft Shai at #14. A backup PG who can run the offense for stretches, and serve as a lengthy defender on the wing, is needed. Can't rely on Devin Harris.

Get rid of Faried and his $13M contract. Malone has once again completely tanked the value of a player right as they reach the point of no return where they must be traded, so we will likely need to pair an asset with Faried just to get him off our hands. I don't think it will take much, maybe just a 2nd, since he's still a solid player and the contract expires this year.

Re-sign Barton. He will probably cost something like $50ish over 4 years. Versatile player who can do a bit of everything on offense and still has some room for improvement. Don't have cap flexibility to go after FAs so Barton is really our only option due to bird rights, which might mean overpaying him a little bit, but get it done.

Chandler will definitely opt in, I don't think he will get the $12M he is due on the open market. If he does, explore trade options, especially if we were able to shed Faried. If we trade Chandler too, we probably have enough cap to dabble in FA, and maybe revamp team a bit. Probably best to just keep Chandler unless we can get good assets in return.

Give Malone his last chance, playoff or bust, and at least 50 wins. 

They might need to buy out Faried. Need to let the poor guy play. They've been trying to move him for 2-3 years, I don't think it's fair to blame Malone for tanking his value. 

I think they will be trying very hard to get Chandler to opt out. Doesn't seem likely, but that would be best case scenario. The cap situation is rough this year and thank god it clears out next summer. 

18 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm not sure why, but I actually feel Lebron is less likely to leave now than maybe a month ago. IF he does indeed stay, Do you trade the Brooklyn pick?

You gotta try and trade the pick to either acquire someone or create space to sign someone.

Imo they need to try and get DeAndre Jordan (either through fa or trade). Rim protector, rebounder, interior presence that would do wonders for them. Then try sign some solid 3/D players, like Bradley or Matthews.

If the pick lands in the top 3, maybe a different story. If they could get a potential star like Ayton/Doncic who could take some load off Bron in a season or two, you gotta take that.

19 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm not sure why, but I actually feel Lebron is less likely to leave now than maybe a month ago. IF he does indeed stay, Do you trade the Brooklyn pick?

I'm feeling that way too. Might be because of how they've flipped the switch and started to play so much better but he looks like he's actually enjoying it there right now.

Starting to feel like he's going to stay there. If he does, I definitely see the Cavs moving that pick. Going to be a big offseason for them, I think

I mean it is feeling that way because of how easily they dispatched the Raptors. But if they lose in the next round or get annihilated in the finals, will the feeling be the same? If he does stay, of course the pick gets traded. They will look to acquire someone of McCollum's caliber if possible. But all these takes were pretty much the opposite in the first round when he was a complete one man show. So lets just wait to see how it ends for the Cavs before making assumptions of his next move. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it is feeling that way because of how easily they dispatched the Raptors. But if they lose in the next round or get annihilated in the finals, will the feeling be the same? If he does stay, of course the pick gets traded. They will look to acquire someone of McCollum's caliber if possible. But all these takes were pretty much the opposite in the first round when he was a complete one man show. So lets just wait to see how it ends for the Cavs before making assumptions of his next move. 

For the Cavs, it makes sense to hold onto the pick as an insurance policy in case LeBron leaves. We'll see what happens in the Eastern Conference Finals and what happens, should they win, in the Finals. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that they would lose to the Warriors, but the way in which they lose could play a role. Sweep? He's probably gone. A tough 6 or 7...he probably stays.

If LeBron stays, then you deal the pick and a player (preferably with an expiring/high contract) for another very quality player/sidekick (All Star caliber or fringe All Star). C.J. McCollum makes sense in terms of getting better, he's a guard, and he's from Canton, Ohio. He also has 3 years left on his contract.

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kevin Love (salary) plus Brooklyn pick for McCollum????

Cleveland gets a young star and shed some salary. Portland gets to reload with with some decent return.

Don't shoot me. just a suggestion.

Yeah, the draft being before free agency kind of hampers things for the Cavs. You can't really deal the pick before knowing LeBron comes back or not. But if it is possible to get CJ, don't you get him regardless of LeBron staying or not? He is a fringe all star and is still young on a solid deal where he has three years left. FAR from a guarantee the #8 pick or whatever pick they end up having turns out to be a better player than CJ. Now, what if that pick becomes top 3? Could that pick be used to possibly get Kawhi? If Pop doesn't want Kawhi going West, then basically it comes down to the Cavs/Celtics/76ers. The latter two teams could offer better deals, but may not want to break up their cores as they are super young and have bright futures. 

Keeping it simple I think we try to resign Rondo and Cousins and offer Mbah a Moute the MLE. Could probably use a scorer off the bench too

But also think Demps will try and leverage all his assets and use our playoff success to try and lure a more significant piece 

9 minutes ago, amac said:

Keeping it simple I think we try to resign Rondo and Cousins and offer Mbah a Moute the MLE. Could probably use a scorer off the bench too

But also think Demps will try and leverage all his assets and use our playoff success to try and lure a more significant piece 

I don't know if Boogie is the answer with AD long term. I might be wrong, though. It just seems like it's the wrong direction. 

On 5/10/2018 at 11:45 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Toronto, break it up, or try to add another small piece and try again??

I mean, they're in no man's land.  Quite frankly, they're a regular season team much like the Suns were several years ago.  They're not geared to beat the C's/Cavs in the playoffs, and I'm not sure even with their experience that they'd be able to beat the Sixers.  But neither Kyle Lowry or DeMar DeRozan have much in the way of trade value, at least not to jumpstart a rebuild.  Kyle Lowry is going into the 2nd year of his 3 year, $100M contract.  Is a team going to want to add the $64M left on his contract?  DeRozan has another 3 year, $83M left on his contract.  That's a TON of coin for guys who are probably 3rd bananas on a championship team.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, they're in no man's land.  Quite frankly, they're a regular season team much like the Suns were several years ago.  They're not geared to beat the C's/Cavs in the playoffs, and I'm not sure even with their experience that they'd be able to beat the Sixers.  But neither Kyle Lowry or DeMar DeRozan have much in the way of trade value, at least not to jumpstart a rebuild.  Kyle Lowry is going into the 2nd year of his 3 year, $100M contract.  Is a team going to want to add the $64M left on his contract?  DeRozan has another 3 year, $83M left on his contract.  That's a TON of coin for guys who are probably 3rd bananas on a championship team.

I’ll disagree with part of your post but I really have nothing to back it up aside from personal opinion. 

On the fact that these guys are mostly untradeable with their current contracts I’ll agree however I don’t think it’s impossible that either couldn’t be moved I just think they would have to take pennies on the dollar and also take on a bad contract in return for them basically making it a lock not to happen unless Philly is really worried about Fultz and want Lowry or if the Lakers don’t end up with LeBron and want to add DD to pair with PG. 

But no I don’t think a rebuild will be an option this year more than likely. Also we could include Serge, Norm and JV as also having bad contracts. Basically anyone who isn’t on a rookie contract is on a terrible contract and pretty much untradeable without adding picks or players. 

Archived