FIX your team thread.

resilient part 2

Nuggets

Draft Shai at #14. A backup PG who can run the offense for stretches, and serve as a lengthy defender on the wing, is needed. Can't rely on Devin Harris.

Get rid of Faried and his $13M contract. Malone has once again completely tanked the value of a player right as they reach the point of no return where they must be traded, so we will likely need to pair an asset with Faried just to get him off our hands. I don't think it will take much, maybe just a 2nd, since he's still a solid player and the contract expires this year.

Re-sign Barton. He will probably cost something like $50ish over 4 years. Versatile player who can do a bit of everything on offense and still has some room for improvement. Don't have cap flexibility to go after FAs so Barton is really our only option due to bird rights, which might mean overpaying him a little bit, but get it done.

Chandler will definitely opt in, I don't think he will get the $12M he is due on the open market. If he does, explore trade options, especially if we were able to shed Faried. If we trade Chandler too, we probably have enough cap to dabble in FA, and maybe revamp team a bit. Probably best to just keep Chandler unless we can get good assets in return.

Give Malone his last chance, playoff or bust, and at least 50 wins. 

8 hours ago, champ11 said:

WAS Gets:

Wilson Chandler, 2018 First, and then one (or two) of Juancho Hernangomez, Malik Beasley, Trey Lyles

DEN Gets:

Otto Porter

50-55 wins 

Washington gets cap relief (Chandler is expiring) while picking up 2 (or three) wings that can help them win next year and develop. Denver gets the 4th member of their core, who is a great fit with Jokic and would help w a ton of needs. 

Pretty fair trade, the Wizards need to change things up as their current core is clearly not enough. Otto's contract is huge so I don't think his trade value can be that high. 

Would obviously love it for the Nuggets. Core 4? That's a pretty enviable 5 guys to build around right there: Murray, Harris, Otto, Millsap, Jokic. Barton off the bench. That could be a really good team.

Suns: acquire starting caliber PG or C. names like Goran Dragic, Kemba Walker, Clint Capela

If acquired PG, draft Deandre Ayton. If acquired C, draft Luka Doncic. 

Somehow get rid of Jared Dudley and Tyson Chandler. sign backup C like Derrick Favors (Igor connection) or Ed Davis. 

PG Dragic/Walker/Doncic | Brandon Knight 
SG Devin Booker | Troy Daniels | Davon Reed
SF Josh Jackson | TJ Warren
PF Dragan Bender | Marquese Chriss
C Capela/Ayton | Favors/Davis

Let Igor coach em up. Win 35-40 games. Young guys progress. Make playoffs at 8th seed in 2019-2020. Young guys progress more. Fast forward 3 seasons. Win championship in 2023-2024. Profit. 

3 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Suns: acquire starting caliber PG or C. names like Goran Dragic, Kemba Walker, Clint Capela

If acquired PG, draft Deandre Ayton. If acquired C, draft Luka Doncic. 

Somehow get rid of Jared Dudley and Tyson Chandler. sign backup C like Derrick Favors (Igor connection) or Ed Davis. 

PG Dragic/Walker/Doncic | Brandon Knight 
SG Devin Booker | Troy Daniels | Davon Reed
SF Josh Jackson | TJ Warren
PF Dragan Bender | Marquese Chriss
C Capela/Ayton | Favors/Davis

Let Igor coach em up. Win 35-40 games. Young guys progress. Make playoffs at 8th seed in 2019-2020. Young guys progress more. Fast forward 3 seasons. Win championship in 2023-2024. Profit. 

I like where your head is with that.

17 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm not sure why, but I actually feel Lebron is less likely to leave now than maybe a month ago. IF he does indeed stay, Do you trade the Brooklyn pick?

Perhaps. If he stays, I'd still try to sell some deadweight (Tristan Thompson and others) and I'd trade the Brooklyn pick in a heartbeat if it was for another legitimate piece like a Kawhi Leonard, for example.

The bottom line is, this team needs desperately to get younger and get another guy or two that can guard a wing or point guard if they ever want to even remotely compete with Golden State and other teams in the west, or a healthy Boston team next year, as well as Philly assuming that they continue to improve, which they should if healthy.

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Pretty fair trade, the Wizards need to change things up as their current core is clearly not enough. Otto's contract is huge so I don't think his trade value can be that high. 

Would obviously love it for the Nuggets. Core 4? That's a pretty enviable 5 guys to build around right there: Murray, Harris, Otto, Millsap, Jokic. Barton off the bench. That could be a really good team.

Yeah, I mean I'd obviously ~prefer~ to spend the max cap room the nuggets will have on a true star in FA, but who knows if they will ever get that chance. Hard to see the Wiz running it back, but we'll see. 

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Perhaps. If he stays, I'd still try to sell some deadweight (Tristan Thompson and others) and I'd trade the Brooklyn pick in a heartbeat if it was for another legitimate piece like a Kawhi Leonard, for example.

The bottom line is, this team needs desperately to get younger and get another guy or two that can guard a wing or point guard if they ever want to even remotely compete with Golden State and other teams in the west, or a healthy Boston team next year, as well as Philly assuming that they continue to improve, which they should if healthy.

Id kill for someone who can defend the paint consistently 

Just now, malibuspeedrace said:

Id kill for someone who can defend the paint consistently 

Yes, they need a rim protector and some two way solid players on the wings. Nothing special, but guys who can hit open shots and defend the ball. Even an Avery Bradley would be a huge help.

Archived