Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 16 - Taco Bowl XVI POSTED!)

22 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Brady could retire after the season and it won't matter anyway. 😂

But Brady is staying around for another 10 years

I appreciate your extra complaining on my behalf, it got me an extra pick :) But im a big boy, I can take care of myself 

But i accepted the trade, Brady is a ticking time bomb with retirement and I still couldn't make the playoffs with him last year.

I figured id let him go a year early and get value rather than just have him retire and my team is holding the bag with out a QB. 

I mean Goff should cost more. He is a 22 year old ascending QB. Brady is 41 and the end is near. 

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I appreciate your extra complaining on my behalf, it got me an extra pick :) But im a big boy, I can take care of myself 

But i accepted the trade, Brady is a ticking time bomb with retirement and I still couldn't make the playoffs with him last year.

I figured id let him go a year early and get value rather than just have him retire and my team is holding the bag with out a QB. 

I mean Goff should cost more. He is a 22 year old ascending QB. Brady is 41 and the end is near. 

Brady is a smidge better than goff 

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

As long as Brady doesn't retire this off-season I'm happy with the deal.

I mean you essentially paid 3 firsts for a guaranteed place in the playoffs and possible chip.

I've paid more for less

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Brady's not retiring after this year. That gives you at minimum 3 seasons.

Then there's the matter that Goff isn't going to be better than Brady in the sim for at least another 2 seasons, and more unless Brady really has the wheels fall off. Again, I'd believe it when I see it.

Some owners place a ridiculous amount of value on youth, when it's silly to think that our rosters are going to resemble anything close to what they are now in even 2-3 years. People spend so much time hoping to hit on a young stud that 1. doesn't suck, 2. end up getting injured or regressing, and 3. that he develops and maintains elite play that they pass up better quality players for the immediate season. There have been some owners and teams that, like clockwork, I could almost count them out at the start of the season because anyone who is over 30 is apparently handicapped in their eyes.

The most valuable commodity in this league is a superstar quarterback. Sure, you can still win a championship with an elite defense, or elite running game, but it takes a lot more tags and draft capital to put all that together compared to just 4 tags on a QB. 

And all this is even before discussing draft picks. Wasn't Dak Prescott the #1 overall pick following his rookie season? How's he looking now? Just saying, the talent in the draft pool is nowhere near the talent that ends up being kept, short of a player completely flying under the radar and then exploding with a breakout NFL season. Rookies typically take time to develop into great starters as well, there's time investment involved. In the end, more likely than not, the first round ends up being "Who is the most talented player that wasn't bothered to be tagged", which, when you consider each team starts with 20 tags, means they are usually not a top 5 player on the roster they left. And when you are talking 20 teams... you do the math. Sure, there are some occasional surprise players who weren't tagged... but that's far too risky to count on.

Just throwing my two cents out there. In the end, you do what you feel you gotta do. But nobody wants to be remembered for trading Jalen Ramsey away for Andy Dalton.

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Wonder if this becomes the next Andy Dalton for Jalen Ramsey joke.

Probably.

I doubt it. At least it won’t become the quick go-to type joke that one is. Only because there’s too many other pieces for it to be a simple straight forward joke. The Ramsey/Dalton trade was a simple 1 for 1 trade, so it made for a clean, concise joke. 

With the one first rounder being the first pick, we can basically pencil James Conner into that slot.

Consider the first post that Pete made on this page, and you have to think he’s targeting Jimmy G, Lamar Jackson, or Dak. So let’s say that one of the other firsts gets the best current option of the three in Dak..

So we’ve got Trey Flowers, James Conner, Dak Prescott and a future late first for the best QB in the sim (Rodgers’ injury nerf is enough that I think Brady is ahead). Even if you’re only getting 3 sim seasons out of Brady, nobody is taking that “haul” over him.

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

I doubt it. At least it won’t become the quick go-to type joke that one is. Only because there’s too many other pieces for it to be a simple straight forward joke. The Ramsey/Dalton trade was a simple 1 for 1 trade, so it made for a clean, concise joke. 

Good point.

Still, you gotta feel like it's a norm now in this league. New owner arrives, then makes a big trade that anyone who's been around more than a couple of seasons can tell they are getting hosed. New owner insists they are good, panty ripping owner defends it, and then we watch it all over again the next year or two.

Now established owners, that's another case. But the new owners haven't had time to get familiar with the simulation, and get a feel for what may or may not work for them.

Archived