Saints Watch- Additional First Round Pick (0-1)

pacman5252

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Lowest TD number for him since 2003. 

More telling was the loss of arm strength towards the end of the season. He was brutal and throwing marshmallows out there. There was a throw in the Vikings playoff game which was telling. 

I agree he's not going to carry the load like he has in the past, but if he's not elite, they aren't a playoff team. 

The throw I was speaking about was at about the :35 second mark. The ball barely went 40 yards and he stepped into it with three strides. Brutal. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018011401/2017/POST19/saints@vikings#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000906746&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore 

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Chili said:

Davenport is undergoing thumb surgery after minicamp. I hope this link below works as I cannot view it. Says its unavailable for people who lives in the EU.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/saints/article_2882d3e8-6cfb-11e8-94f0-8b4d25431115.html

Where in the EU are you?

Marcus Davenport is going to be limited over the next several weeks.

The Saints rookie pass rusher suffered a thumb injury that will require surgery, according to a source. The injury is not significant. Davenport is expected to undergo the procedure after minicamp and should be back in time for training camp.

New Orleans made a big move to acquire Davenport by trading first-round picks in 2018 and 2019 to move up in the draft and select him. While he’s considered a raw prospect, the Saints are confident they can mold him into the dynamic pass rusher the team has lacked the last few seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lodestar said:

Everyone's probably heard of the Jameis Winston suspension by now, but that hurts us a little with TB playing @ NO Week 1. Saints were probably gonna win that one anyway.

Jameis Winston has 4 touchdown passes, 5 interceptions, and is 3-3 against the Saints (with one win coming when the Saints had nothing to play for).  Jameis Winston sucks, and I don't know why people think he's good.  He has 59 turnovers in three years.  Winston is a bottom five starting QB in this league.  Winston isn't good. 

2 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Jameis Winston has 4 touchdown passes, 5 interceptions, and is 3-3 against the Saints (with one win coming when the Saints had nothing to play for).  Jameis Winston sucks, and I don't know why people think he's good.  He has 59 turnovers in three years.  Winston is a bottom five starting QB in this league.  Winston isn't good. 

As I said, the Saints were probably going to win anyway, but I'd take Winston over Fitzpatrick. 3-3 against the Saints (even 2-3) is pretty okay.

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

As I said, the Saints were probably going to win anyway, but I'd take Winston over Fitzpatrick. 3-3 against the Saints (even 2-3) is pretty okay.

Do you not remember that the Saints were 31st in points allowed in 2016 and 32nd in points allowed in 2015? 

With one win against a Saints team that had nothing to play for in 2017 and 2/4 his previous two seasons, that's not good. 

Jameis Winston sucks. 

Do you not remember that the Saints were 31st in points allowed in 2016 and 32nd in points allowed in 2015? 

With one win against a Saints team that had nothing to play for in 2017 and 2/4 his previous two seasons, that's not good. 

Jameis Winston sucks. 

You think Tampa will roll with Fitzpatrick the entire season?

23 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

It's possible.  If he does well, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  Winston has an arm with no brain, Fitzpatrick has a brain with no arm.  If Fitz goes 2-1 over Winston's suspension, and depending on how Tampa fans react to Winston being a brainless and senseless idiot that's not the greatest person, I could see it.

43 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Not a chance.

If Fitz is playing a hot hand they might stick with him for a bit - but that's a dead end situation. Jameis is TBs #1 IMO and Fitz hasnt been a (good) #1 for some time.

It's possible.  If he does well, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  Winston has an arm with no brain, Fitzpatrick has a brain with no arm.  If Fitz goes 2-1 over Winston's suspension, and depending on how Tampa fans react to Winston being a brainless and senseless idiot that's not the greatest person, I could see it.

Winston is the QB that GM and HC have hooked their wagon to. If he fails, they're fired, no chance he gets benched.

He's also nowhere as bad as you're making him out to be. Probably in the 15-18 range in the league. Average. You make him sound like Joe Webb.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Winston is the QB that GM and HC have hooked their wagon to. If he fails, they're fired, no chance he gets benched.

He's also nowhere as bad as you're making him out to be. Probably in the 15-18 range in the league. Average. You make him sound like Joe Webb.

Easy to unhich a wagon when they're accused of groping a woman in her crotch after a rape accusation in college and subpar play for three years.

He's physically talented with great weapons on offense.  He's in the 20-32 range as far as what he can do for a team, and there are at LEAST 20 quarterbacks in the NFL right now that could perform as well as he could in the Buccaneers offense.  

Archived