WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, Troy Brown said:

nobody thought rondo was elite either, i don't understand your correlation 

well, i guess i did think he was an elite point guard. i probably would have only taken cp3 and rose over him 

That's my point. Rondo's skill-set was undervalued for the same reason that Draymond's is, because he was a guy who didn't score well on a team with three guys who overshadowed him.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm trying to understand how Rondo could be underrated and Draymond overrated. How many people think of Draymond as an elite player? In fact, it seems like a lot of people share BK's opinion that Draymond wouldn't be good outside of GS.

Yup. People let their disdain for Draymond’s personality effect their opinion of his talent and impact (if they even have the proper knowledge to evaluate it to begin with). If Draymond had Steph’s personality, he’d be a lot more liked by the general basketball fan. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

That's my point. Rondo's skill-set was undervalued for the same reason that Draymond's is, because he was a guy who didn't score well on a team with three guys who overshadowed him.

that's a reach my dude, rondo's role to to those twilight celtics teams was much more important than draymond's to gsw. rondo had the ball in his hands every possession and they didn't score if rondo didn't facilitate 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

that's a reach my dude, rondo's role to to those twilight celtics teams was much more important than draymond's to gsw. rondo had the ball in his hands every possession and they didn't score if rondo didn't facilitate 

And if Rondo didn’t have good shooters/scorers around him to space the floor, his impact/role would be a lot less important. Before Durant, Green was easily the 2nd most important player on the best team in the league for 2 seasons.

Just now, Darkness said:

And if Rondo didn’t have good shooters/scorers around him to space the floor, his impact/role would be a lot less important. Before Durant, Green was easily the 2nd most important player on the best team in the league for 2 seasons.

he didn't have good scorers around him anymore, that's the point lol

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

he didn't have good scorers around him anymore, that's the point lol

I missed the “Twighlight Celtic teams” part, but without shooters around him, Rondo’s impact is greatly reduced, much like Draymond. My point is Draymond was the 2nd most impactful player for the best team in the league for 2 seasons befor Durant came.

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Because Rondo's supporting cast was not as strong as Draymond's. Do you think Draymond couldn't handle a role where the ball was in his hands every possession? We've seen him take that sort of role on before and thrive in it.

Just now, Darkness said:

I missed the “Twighlight Celtic teams” part, but my point is Draymond was the 2nd most impactful player for the best team in the league for 2 seasons befor Durant came.

I agree that Draymond about that, but not anymore, tbh. I think Klay has evolved and is much more versatile and Draymond clearly is more frequently lackadaisical than before. I just don't think he's as inspired as he was before Durant came nor do I think he's as important offensively now that Durant is there... which goes without saying. 

I like Draymond, I'm not crapping on him to crap on him, I just don't think he has the same chip on his shoulder and is living off of the great reputation he carved for himself a couple years ago without being as good as he was 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Because Rondo's supporting cast was not as strong as Draymond's. Do you think Draymond couldn't handle a role where the ball was in his hands every possession? We've seen him take that sort of role on before and thrive in it.

not on many other teams. draymond clearly benefits from the offense he plays in and there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not similar to rondo. draymond is a perfect fit for that system and yes, he could succeed elsewhere because he does have an elite basketball iq, but rondo was the system 

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I agree that Draymond about that, but not anymore, tbh. I think Klay has evolved and is much more versatile and Draymond clearly is more frequently lackadaisical than before. I just don't think he's as inspired as he was before Durant came nor do I think he's as important offensively now that Durant is there... which goes without saying. 

I like Draymond, I'm not crapping on him to crap on him, I just don't think he has the same chip on his shoulder and is living off of the great reputation he carved for himself a couple years ago without being as good as he was 

Guy was dominant against the Spurs and Pelicans. The Warriors as a whole seemed to be coasting a bit during the regular season.

1 hour ago, Darkness said:

I missed the “Twighlight Celtic teams” part, but without shooters around him, Rondo’s impact is greatly reduced, much like Draymond. My point is Draymond was the 2nd most impactful player for the best team in the league for 2 seasons befor Durant came.

He's still 2nd.

2 hours ago, Darkness said:

Draymond played the best defense of his career last season while winning DPOY. Even if he hasn’t played up to that extremely high bar he set on a nightly basis, he’s still a beast on that end. 

He paced himself in the regular season, but his defense has been back to DPOY level in the playoffs. And really, who the hell cares if he doesn't bring it on a nightly basis in the regular season? 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He paced himself in the regular season, but his defense has been back to DPOY level in the playoffs. And really, who the hell cares if he doesn't bring it on a nightly basis in the regular season? 

True. At this point, the Warriors are just playing for championships after 3 straight Finals appearances. The “Hampton 5” have nothing to prove until the playoffs.

13 hours ago, Darkness said:

Yup. People let their disdain for Draymond’s personality effect their opinion of his talent and impact (if they even have the proper knowledge to evaluate it to begin with). If Draymond had Steph’s personality, he’d be a lot more liked by the general basketball fan. 

I think it's more bc he isn't a go to scorer. Traditionally that's how people view stars and if you don't have an advanced understanding of basketball it's hard to get why Draymond is elite. 

Archived