WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

20 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

it is being disrespectful.  Warriors are beatable. I've seen several upsets happen that nobody thought would.  Warriors will NOT just steamroll the Rockets like that.  I just don't see it.  If the Warriors win this series then they will have earned it in a hard fought series.

Just because it doesn't go 6 or 7 doesn't mean it wouldn't be hard fought. I believe every game will come down to the wire. As good as Harden is, and he is amazing, I'll take KD or Steph in close games. This is very difficult for me to say considering my raw hate for them. 

real talk, If this series isnt super close or a rockets win, then there is no way I would give CP3 the max deal he wants. No way. If its a sweep or 5 game series, its obvious we cant beat them, I wouldnt lock up a 33 year old for 35 million a year. I think the guy has 2 more years left at somewhat the same level he is at now. then 1 maybe 2 years where he can be a viable pg, but not an all star. His talent level will allow him to play to 36 or 37, but not at a cost of 40+ million per year. 

Maybe we can get him to sign a 3 year 80 million deal or something like that. Maybe he takes a Kevin Durant cut and does a 1/1 starting at 25 million. I mean they say "He will want long term security" but the guy has made 187 million over his career, not to mention the probably 100  million in endorsements. Bottom line, he is set, he is in full ring chase mode, and taking 25 million still gives him his biggest salary ever, and it opens up so much room for us. We would still need to unload Anderson, but we could easily create a max slot after that. Or even if we cant create a max slot, we can sign 2 guys before paying capela. 

For me, this series will make or break CP3 getting a max deal. For Morey, I am sure CP3 is getting whatever CP3 wants. Hopefully by giving him a taste of the WCF, if we lose, he will be willing to take less. 

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Can the Rockets win this series without James Harden playing at a bonafide MVP level?

If no, what are the chances that he play at that level?

No, they can't win without him playing at an MVP level.

Harden will have some monster games....and other games where dude is just out there shooting 7-22. I remember in 2015 he had three of the best games you could have against the Warriors, and then two complete duds. There is no middle ground with this man lol. 

So basically he will need to have more than 4 MVP level performances, possibly 6? There's no guarantee that even if he does they'd win the game.

That to me basically means, barring the Rockets D totally stifling the Warriors (unlikely), that the path to victory for the Rockets is fairly unlikely. There are just too many things that have to go right. They need MVP level performance from a sketchy playoff performer, they're gonna need a ton of streaky guys to knock down shots against a team that can turn up the D when needed, and they're gonna need to not get shredded on the other end. Some of these might happen, but I feel like all of them (and other stuff I'm sure) needs to go right for a win. Like I think I said in another thread, they're gonna need to play the way Orlando played Cleveland in 2009. You could tell they knew they were the better team even if everyone thought they were the underdogs and it didn't matter if they were down 20 in the first half or 2 with a minute to go or whatever, they could get the shot they wanted and had confidence that anyone on the floor could get it done.

Well, the Warriors are the favorites for a reason. There is a pathway for the Rockets to win even with a suspect Harden game, but it will take the rest of the team shooting lights out from down town. To me it also comes down to how effective Capela could be on switches. If he gets exposed and is forced to be taken out, that's a big win for the Warriors. Sure they could throw out a small ball line up with Tucker or Moute at C, but that isn't going to be better than the Warriors small ball line up. But I want to see the KD/Moute match up. He is the one guy that has a chance to slow Durant down. I don't think Ariza nor Tucker will be able to do so, but Moute is the wildcard. May end up starting at some point in the series. 

42 minutes ago, champ11 said:
I thought CJ made a pretty convincing point in this clip. Just talking about the Warriors sets and abilities to get good looks. It's just a different beast than the ISO offense. 

Lol, Cris Carter said that Capela could guard Draymond Green.  "He can guard Draymond, it's not like you have to worry about him.  How many shots he gonna hit"?  Um, this isn't Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace.  You can't just ignore Draymond and not guard him lmao

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Lol, Cris Carter said that Capela could guard Draymond Green.  "He can guard Draymond, it's not like you have to worry about him.  How many shots he gonna hit"?  Um, this isn't Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace.  You can't just ignore Draymond and not guard him lmao

That's the only way.  Draymond has been left wide open all playoffs and is only hitting 33% from 3.  He's not a good shooter.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's the only way.  Draymond has been left wide open all playoffs and is only hitting 33% from 3.  He's not a good shooter.

33% from deep isn't all that bad.  That's certainly not bad enough to leave him wide open.  I understand why teams do it and he will burn them for doing so.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You definitely live with Green/Iggy shooting open shots from down town. But a big problem with this is and the Pelicans found out, Green doesn't just stand behind the three point line. If no one is guarding him, he will just go set a pick for one of the shooters leading to a open shot for them. 

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

33% from deep isn't all that bad.  That's certainly not bad enough to leave him wide open.  I understand why teams do it and he will burn them for doing so.

It's below league average on wide open 3s; that's bad.  He was a 30% 3P shooter during the regular season; that's awful.  You live with that, especially if Green misses his first couple.  He doesn't want to shoot the most on the team at all, and making him do it after he misses his first 2 or 3 messes with him.  Now if he gets hot then you adjust, but you make that gamble over any other option the Warriors present you.

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It's below league average on wide open 3s; that's bad.  He was a 30% 3P shooter during the regular season; that's awful.  You live with that, especially if Green misses his first couple.  He doesn't want to shoot the most on the team at all, and making him do it after he misses his first 2 or 3 messes with him.  Now if he gets hot then you adjust, but you make that gamble over any other option the Warriors present you.

I don't care what he shot in the regular season.  Robert Covington was great in the regular season as a shooter, what happened to him in the postseason vs the Celtics?  I already said, I get why teams do it and he will burn them for doing so.

It's a matter of what has the better net effect. Green can burn them here and there, but he's not gonna knock down 6 threes a game. If Capella can stay on the floor he's gonna do a lot of good things, so if that means Green has more open shots than usual then so be it.

J's point about Green's defender needing to be more active to help on screens is a lot more relevant than Green's shooting.

Archived