WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Defense? Nah, locked in Warriors still better on that end. Were more impressive against a much better offense in NO compared to Utah without their PG. 

Other than game 2, the rockets Defense was super impressive against the jazz. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Curry, Iggy, Klay, KD, and Draymond vs. Paul, Harden, Ariza, Luc or Tucker, and Capela

I'm taking the Warriors defense.

Saying GS in 5 is not disrespectful to the Rockets. The first two series GS played without Steph. They are arguably the greatest team ever assembled. Harden and CP3 don't exactly have a ton of deep playoff run history to go off of, while the Warriors have more than anyone. If both teams are healthy, i have no reason to think GS in 5 isn't realistic. The Rockets are the 2nd best team in the league, but happen to be playing the best ever. It sucks, BELIEVE ME, I know. 

11 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It was, but I'm saying the Pelicans offense was much better than the Jazz offense, especially without Rubio. Granted, in round one the T-Wolves were a better offense than the Kawhi-less Spurs. Both teams have been great defensively thus far in the playoffs. Pretty sure they rank 1-2 in the postseason. 

I was watching some get up clip they had with Zach Lowe talking about Harden's defense and how the Warriors fared against him in the regular season. And it is still crazy to me how when he was in OKC, he was often times their go to defender in big moments. Harden was the guy they put on Kobe late in games. Harden was the guy they would have on Parker or even LeBron. Then a few years later he is butt of all jokes because of his defense. Now, he's been better this year but it's kind of similar to how big of joke Westbrook has been on that end when he was the lock down defender for UCLA. 

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Saying GS in 5 is not disrespectful to the Rockets. The first two series GS played without Steph. They are arguably the greatest team ever assembled. Harden and CP3 don't exactly have a ton of deep playoff run history to go off of, while the Warriors have more than anyone. If both teams are healthy, i have no reason to think GS in 5 isn't realistic. The Rockets are the 2nd best team in the league, but happen to be playing the best ever. It sucks, BELIEVE ME, I know. 

it is being disrespectful.  Warriors are beatable. I've seen several upsets happen that nobody thought would.  Warriors will NOT just steamroll the Rockets like that.  I just don't see it.  If the Warriors win this series then they will have earned it in a hard fought series.

The crazy thing about the Rockets is that Chris Paul and James Harden are two amazing players.  And there's no team in the league where their two best players are better than the Rockets two best players... except for the Warriors.  Not only that, but then you have Klay Thompson.  Durant, Curry, and Thompson are impossible to match-up with.  Thompson is one of the best shooters ever and can just go off the way an elite scorer can.  Then there is Draymond Green.  Then the other players, who have so much mega game experience.

The Rockets are a really good team and it's not meant to be disrespectful towards them.  The Warriors are just all-time great.  The Rockets have no chance to beat the Warriors 4 times in 7 games, but neither does anyone else (barring injury, of course).

52 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was watching some get up clip they had with Zach Lowe talking about Harden's defense and how the Warriors fared against him in the regular season. And it is still crazy to me how when he was in OKC, he was often times their go to defender in big moments. Harden was the guy they put on Kobe late in games. Harden was the guy they would have on Parker or even LeBron. Then a few years later he is butt of all jokes because of his defense. Now, he's been better this year but it's kind of similar to how big of joke Westbrook has been on that end when he was the lock down defender for UCLA. 

Just how it goes when you have that much responsibility offensively 

Just now, champ11 said:

Just how it goes when you have that much responsibility offensively 

For sure, and it shows it is mainly effort than anything. Harden still doesn't give great effort on the perimeter but dude still gets quite a few strips just with his IQ. And in the post he could body up a lot of the PFs. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Harden is not a bad defender. He is a lazy defender. He can play really solid D when he isnt cheating or just being lazy. 

Archived