WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i'm taking kyrie for that title 

..or blake. at aleast draymond, even when not engaged, can be great defensively 

True.

Those two can at least produce for themselves tho. Dray is worthless outside that environment. Put him on any other team and he's nothing. That's my qualm. 

6 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Product of the environment. Nothing more. 

Word? The team was far from dominant or elite until Draymond got in the line up and became the player he has become. A complete force on the defensive end and a damn good all around player. Again, I'll take that being "overrated" any day of the week. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Word? The team was far from dominant or elite until Draymond got in the line up and became the player he has become. A complete force on the defensive end and a damn good all around player. Again, I'll take that being "overrated" any day of the week. 

Whatever you say, chief. 

Draymond’s the smartest, most versatile, and all around valuable defensive player in the league. If you understand the nuances that go into his defensive role and the impact he makes, you’d understand why for 3 straight seasons he’s made All-NBA Defensive First Team and finished in the top 2 for DPOY. There’s nothing overrated about a big who can effectively guard all 5 positions, while leading a fast break and feeding his teammates on the other end of the floor.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

True.

Those two can at least produce for themselves tho. Dray is worthless outside that environment. Put him on any other team and he's nothing. That's my qualm. 

Draymond isn't worthless on any team. Players like Andre Roberson have value in the NBA. Draymond's defensive ability alone would make him valuable to any squad. And on top of that, every squad could use a secondary ball-handler who can run the offense and pass like a PG. Draymond is a valuable player on any team. Yes, he's less valuable on an iso-heavy offense, but he's extraordinarily valuable on any offense that relies on a lot of motion and ball movement.

6 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

He is definitely overrated but I think his defense would be as great anywhere so that leaves him out of the top of the list for me 

Was prime Rajon Rondo overrated?

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

he was underrated but the contexts aren't similar at all. prime rondo carried a team of declining veterans 

I'm trying to understand how Rondo could be underrated and Draymond overrated. How many people think of Draymond as an elite player? In fact, it seems like a lot of people share BK's opinion that Draymond wouldn't be good outside of GS.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'm trying to understand how Rondo could be underrated and Draymond overrated. How many people think of Draymond as an elite player? In fact, it seems like a lot of people share BK's opinion that Draymond wouldn't be good outside of GS.

nobody thought rondo was elite either, i don't understand your correlation 

well, i guess i did think he was an elite point guard. i probably would have only taken cp3 and rose over him 

Archived