WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

8 hours ago, Darkness said:

True. At this point, the Warriors are just playing for championships after 3 straight Finals appearances. The “Hampton 5” have nothing to prove until the playoffs.

And even if he wanted to go all out in the regular season, his body wouldn't be able to hold up. This guy is banging with bigger guys on a daily basis and his style of play wouldn't last in the long run. But because he started pacing himself, others on the team also got a bit lackadaisical on the defensive end and it was one of the main reason why the team was so mediocre to end the season. No coincidence once he amped up his intensity, the Dubs have been the best defensive team in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I think it's more bc he isn't a go to scorer. Traditionally that's how people view stars and if you don't have an advanced understanding of basketball it's hard to get why Draymond is elite. 

He isn't elite, c'mon. 

Rozier sucks and Draymond is elite, i'm starting to judge your talent evaluations across the league 

For the record, again, not trying to troll or ague about Draymond not being good or being the most overrated player, but as I said, I think he's overrated because he doesn't play as well as often as he did when he carved out his reputation. 

9 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

He isn't elite, c'mon. 

Rozier sucks and Draymond is elite, i'm starting to judge your talent evaluations across the league 

I thought Rozier was an okay backup three months ago and I was clearly wrong on that. Not embarrassed about that take tbh. 

Draymond is a top 20 player. I don't think he's top 10, but I think he is very good. Not sure if you have issue with semantics of calling him elite or what. But I can agree that it's hard to give those guys the same credit since they don't really have to try in the regular season. I'm fine with that. I was more commenting on the dudes that will actually argue that Draymond is a product of the system and not that good. It's just bc he isn't a scorer, IMO. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

I thought Rozier was an okay backup three months ago and I was clearly wrong on that. Not embarrassed about that take tbh. 

Draymond is a top 20 player. I don't think he's top 10, but I think he is very good. Not sure if you have issue with semantics of calling him elite or what. But I can agree that it's hard to give those guys the same credit since they don't really have to try in the regular season. I'm fine with that. I was more commenting on the dudes that will actually argue that Draymond is a product of the system and not that good. It's just bc he isn't a scorer, IMO. 

I agree for the most part. I was only joshin, tho. 

I just don't think Green would be as good elsewhere. I think he'd be good. But for his skillset and being the 4th scoring option, he's in the absolute best fit. 

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I agree for the most part. I was only joshin, tho. 

I just don't think Green would be as good elsewhere. I think he'd be good. But for his skillset and being the 4th scoring option, he's in the absolute best fit. 

Every time I see Rozier do something dope I get a kick out of it lol. I fully admit that I try my best to hate on the Celtics, like most of NBA internet, bc I am genuinely salty about how good of a position they are in lol. Like i really tried to hate on the Fultz trade even though deep down I was like, this is totally gonna work out for them.

I agree he's in the perfect situation. Not really sure how much to ding him for that though. A playmaking big that can play defense is incredibly valuable, as you know. I think he'd be an easy all star on most teams that have offensive talent. But yeah you couldn't really, like, see a great draymond on a crap team. Wonder what would have happened if he went to Detroit 

17 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i cant wait to see a person behind try to tell me to sit down in front of them at the game tonight.  I plan on standing up almost every possession.  I'm flipping the bird at them if they try and tell me to sit down.

What if Houstons losing by 37 in the middle of the 4th and they ask you politely?

39 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

i cant wait to see a person behind try to tell me to sit down in front of them at the game tonight.  I plan on standing up almost every possession.  I'm flipping the bird at them if they try and tell me to sit down.

I'm interested to see what kind of crowd is there tonight. It starts at 8 so they should be able to show up on time! 

Archived