WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Smh. What ever happened to the good ole days of poping some pain killers and getting out there. It’s game 7 FFS. You may never have this opportunity again. 

It’s not like CP3 is a whimp. If he could then he would go. 

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Played three out of five? Series was a WRAP after the first two games when they lost them....AT HOME. Completely different series if he is ready to go from game 1. 

No team in NBA history has ever recovered from a 2-0 deficit? If the Suns were better than the Spurs, they would have fought back. Instead, they went down 4-1.

I'm not overstating anything. What about me saying the big suspension heading into game 5 that completely changed the series is wrong? I never said it wasn't 2-2...In fact, that is why it made game 5 so big. Sure they lost game 6, but if they win game 5 then there is a game 7. And heck if they win game 5, then game 6 is completely different. 

Why is Game 6 completely different? Amare dominated, but San Antonio still won. You're overstating things imo because you're acting like the Suns would have likely won those series if not for bad luck, but I still think San Antonio wins both. 

And if Iggy doesn't get hurt, this series may be over. But CP3 still injured his hamstring being up 3-2. 

Okay, so the luck went both ways.

The point was, D'antoni has been cheated at an opportunity for a ring MULTIPLE times. They had great shots at winning in every scenario I mentioned. 

I think calling it a "great" shot overstates their case. And I certainly wouldn't call it getting cheated out of a ring. Injuries and suspensions are part of basketball.

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Smh. What ever happened to the good ole days of poping some pain killers and getting out there. It’s game 7 FFS. You may never have this opportunity again. 

My bet is if it was just pain, he'd go. He probably can't move well enough to play.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No team in NBA history has ever recovered from a 2-0 deficit? If the Suns were better than the Spurs, they would have fought back. Instead, they went down 4-1.

Why is Game 6 completely different? Amare dominated, but San Antonio still won. You're overstating things imo because you're acting like the Suns would have likely won those series if not for bad luck, but I still think San Antonio wins both. 

Okay, so the luck went both ways.

I think calling it a "great" shot overstates their case. And I certainly wouldn't call it getting cheated out of a ring. Injuries and suspensions are part of basketball.

Um, actually it is extremely rare for HOME teams that go down 0-2 to come back.

I said it was a true pick-em heading into Game 5……Which it was. And if the Suns win Game 5, then no clue how game 6 goes. Unless you don't think the prior game or scenarios of the series matter. If so, I totally digress. Could SA have won anyways? Maybe, but the Suns got screwed of having a great shot at a ring that season. 

No, getting cheated of the opportunity for a title is exactly what I would call D'antoni in these scenarios I listed. He's snake bitten. His best four or five chances have ended with a big injury or suspension (in the case of 06, early in the season). 

I'll be cool with either result tonight. As much as I like to see the Warriors win, it would be impressive to see the Rockets pull it off. I would definitely pull for the city of Houston.

I'm expecting a good game from Durant. Dude has played well in this arena...Aside from the 4th quarter of game 5. This will turn into even more of a isolation game than Kerr wants, and Durant will have his opportunities. 

Archived