WCF: Warriors vs Rockets Thread- The Real NBA Finals

Texansfan713

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Different roles, guys are asked to do different things. Ariza is capable of distributing well but his strength offensively is his athleticism and spacing so he can swing around the court and score from anywhere shooting, cutting or taking it himself.

Stop, dude, just stop. Ingles is a career 41% shooter from 3. Ariza comes nowhere close to that. The shooting isn't close. And Ingles showed the ability this year to run Utah's offense while dishing out nearly 5 assists per game. Ingles continues to improve. Ariza cannot touch him offensively.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

you can't honestly believe that trevor ariza and joe ingles are equal offensively

Overall they're close, but Ingles handles the ball a lot and creates his own shot off the dribble more than Ariza who scores off transtions, cacth and shoot, cuts, and hard drives to the basket.

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Durant did shoot 9 of 24 tonight 

It wasn't because of Ariza. Durant wasn't Durant tonight. He was missing shots over guys like Paul and Gordon. I'd be curious to know how often Ariza even guarded him on shot attempts. It seemed like Ariza was switching off of him most of the night.

7 minutes ago, mse326 said:

Not at all. They'll lose either way, if they even get past the Celtics. Losing to this Warriors team won't really be held against him as it is looking like a dynasty (assuming he personally doesn't lay an egg). But if they lose to Houston; his "legacy" takes more of a hit.

Let me be clear I don't buy this legacy being lowered for losing in the finals. But others do, and we know he can be a bit sensitive to the criticism.

What is up with the NBA community so concerned with legacy for a player. You don't see this from fans from the NFL to the degree as you do with the NBA. Definitely not MLB. Honestly it's probably why I don't like conversing about basketball as much as football. Too many people are concerned with street cred or legacy. Just becomes a drag with too many wannabe thug fans. Also, it seems like the players themselves are super concerned with their legacy more than anything too. Or their brand. WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYY???????

/nonsensical generalizing rant. 

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Not at all. They'll lose either way, if they even get past the Celtics. Losing to this Warriors team won't really be held against him as it is looking like a dynasty (assuming he personally doesn't lay an egg). But if they lose to Houston; his "legacy" takes more of a hit.

Let me be clear I don't buy this legacy being lowered for losing in the finals. But others do, and we know he can be a bit sensitive to the criticism.

i do, he doesnt get props from me for creating super teams in a conference he can win by himself and then getting beat down when he meets a real team. hes real lucky he has 3 rings. Especially the Spurs series. He needed two 80% free throw shooters to miss down the stretch to win that one. Obviously it doesnt diminish him outside top 5, probably #2, but it will keep him from passing jordan 

Just now, jrry32 said:

It wasn't because of Ariza. Durant wasn't Durant tonight. He was missing shots over guys like Paul and Gordon. I'd be curious to know how often Ariza even guarded him on shot attempts. It seemed like Ariza was switching off of him most of the night.

there was that stretch where he got punked by harden for two dunks on fast break steals. That pass to CP3 when Durant thought he was getting a chase down block was nasty. 

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

it would be funny if lebron lost to all 3 texas teams in the finals.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Stop, dude, just stop. Ingles is a career 41% shooter from 3. Ariza comes nowhere close to that. The shooting isn't close. And Ingles showed the ability this year to run Utah's offense while dishing out nearly 5 assists per game. Ingles continues to improve. Ariza cannot touch him offensively.

Again, different roles mean different stats becsuse they have different skill sets but overall Ariza is just as effective contributing offensively in the regular season and playoffs as Ingles. Plus, defensively Ariza is better.

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i do, he doesnt get props from me for creating super teams in a conference he can win by himself and then getting beat down when he meets a real team. hes real lucky he has 3 rings. Especially the Spurs series. He needed two 80% free throw shooters to miss down the stretch to win that one. Obviously it doesnt diminish him outside top 5, probably #2, but it will keep him from passing jordan 

I prefer to look at how he plays when judging him, rather than how the team does. For instance, let's not kid ourselves about 2015. He was by far the best player in that series. So why should the team losing be a negative to him?

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

im just curious, if Harden leads the rockets to a title, do we still have to listen to people say hes not top 5 in the league?

Who's #5? LeBron, Durant, Kawhi, and Curry is the obvious top 4. Westbrook definitely isn't better than Harden, so I'm not sure who #5 would be.

Archived