ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Damn everyone arguing bout my Celts, without me :)

OK, Let me add my 2 cents. Hayward is damn good but the gap between GH, Tatum and Brown is very close or will be. 

secondly Boston started the year with Horford at center, Tatum and Brown and GH all at the swing positions. AND that's where they will be again next season barring trades.

No team and I mean no team will be able to matchup with all those scorers. 

As for where Kyrie fits in, is a really good question. As I have already stated with some others, I would try at least to trade him for Ayton or Kawhi Leonard, if possible. If not I am sure Stevens will roll with that lineup. 

A more interesting question is will Boston attempt to re-sign Smart? Will Smart get a big offer on the market? 

No, let Smart go. Don't really need him next year once Hayward/Kyrie return. Just re-sign Rozier the following season. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, let Smart go. Don't really need him next year once Hayward/Kyrie return. Just re-sign Rozier the following season. 

YES, unless Boston/Ainge decides to resign Smart and get something in a trade for Rozier, who may demand a bigger contract extension. Plus Boston v=can get something in return for Rozier where as Smart won't get Boston anything if he just leaves. 

I knew Rozier's performance would spark the "Celtics should move Kyrie talk".

Man, people are seriously underrating Kyrie Irving in this thread. When he played this year, he had no problem sharing the ball and bought in defensively, more than he's ever had. You need a scorer like Kyrie to beat the Warriors.

This team is going to be loaded next season. Bring back Smart and Baynes. The depth and versatility has me drooling already.

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Man, people are seriously underrating Kyrie Irving in this thread. When he played this year, he had no problem sharing the ball and bought in defensively, more than he's ever had. You need a scorer like Kyrie to beat the Warriors.

This team is going to be loaded next season. Bring back Smart and Baynes. The depth and versatility has me drooling already.

Like I already mentioned, people here underrate bucket getters in the playoffs. Often times the game turns into a isolation battle, and Kyrie has proven he is one of the best in the league. Dude has flat out taken over in the finals against one of the greatest teams of all time. 

He was playing unselfish this year and was giving good effort on the defensive end. Is he going to hold the ball some? Sure, but not like he kills the offense or anything. He's an efficient player that could flat out shoot the rock. 

2 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

"Should" may not be the best word. The Celtics would/will be great with Kyrie. But the Question does need to be asked. Can Boston get even better with trading Kyrie (Big Contract coming and an injury history) for a high level return and a more needed position like Ayton, or even a Kawhi Leonard. If not then Ride out Kyrie and the rest of the weapons we have. Either way THIS will be an interesting summer. 

In the meantime if Boston can get the 2nd or 3rd pick tonight I would be so happy.

4 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

to be fair i've always hated kyrie and was on the trade train before he was hurt 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

You know things aren't looking good when you read headlines like this:

Is Tristan Thompson the Answer to the Cavs' Problems?

To be fair, dude does give Al Horford more problems than pretty much any other defender.

And if it makes you feel better, Thompson is expecting a "legendary" performance from LeBron lol. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

To be fair, dude does give Al Horford more problems than pretty much any other defender.

Always good to be concerned about a dude that averages not quite 13 points and around 8 rebounds this past year.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And if it makes you feel better, Thompson is expecting a "legendary" performance from LeBron lol. 

Thompson and company will need a legendary performance from LeBron if they expect to make it to the Finals. I think at this point everyone knows that they're playing for the right to get obliterated by the Warriors, barring a key injury or two from GS.

I mean the man did just drop a cool 20 and 8 on you guys in like 25 minutes. So yeah, should be a bit worried about slowing him down. 

All this talk of LeBron needing to be legendary may be setting you the team up for a let down. Celtics are well coached defensively and won't be giving up many easy buckets to LeBron. Going to need to grind out a win in a fairly low scoring game. 

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the man did just drop a cool 20 and 8 on you guys in like 25 minutes. So yeah, should be a bit worried about slowing him down. 

That's exactly my point. They actually have to worry about a guy who, in all honesty, is "pretty good". He's probably about the 5th best player on his own team when everyone is healthy. That's sad.

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All this talk of LeBron needing to be legendary may be setting you the team up for a let down. Celtics are well coached defensively and won't be giving up many easy buckets to LeBron. Going to need to grind out a win in a fairly low scoring game. 

TBH, I don't care if the Cavs lose this series or next. When LeBron came back, each year is/was championship or bust.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You know things aren't looking good when you read headlines like this:

Is Tristan Thompson the Answer to the Cavs' Problems?

Yeah probably. If they put Baynes out there then that is another person the Cs wouldn't want to switch into Bron (which would make two, Terry and Baynes). It would help the Cavs offense run more smoothly. Also Hill has to play better if Terry is guarding him because he will be responsible attacking the actions the Cs won't switch with Bron and Love.

Archived