ECF: Boston vs Cleveland, the actual NBA finals

Troy Brown

Eastern Conference Champions  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Eastern Conference?

• Celtics
    • Cavaliers

23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He played PF a lot to start the year IIRC. 

Okay, thought so. As a side note, I think he has been a little less sharp since around game three against the Sixers. I wonder if playing him in the post more will get him to take fewer shots again and boost his field goal/three percentage back up to record setting levels. I like when Tatum is closer to the rim offensively and choosing his shot from three more precisely.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

lue should be thrown out of the building if he doesn’t start TT. Playing al horford is literally the only thing he does well. 

There is a reason why there is only 12 possessions with TT on Horford, Stevens is trying to matchup Baynes on TT as much as possible. If TT starts I'm pretty sure Baynes would start.

14 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

There is a reason why there is only 12 possessions with TT on Horford, Stevens is trying to matchup Baynes on TT as much as possible. If TT starts I'm pretty sure Baynes would start.

So then you take Morris off LeBron and put Brown on him instead? This is what I was saying about inserting TT in the line up and forcing the Celtics hand. But even if Stevens is trying to match Baynes on TT, doesn't mean TT will be matched up with Baynes on the other end. TT will still guard Horford, while Love guards Baynes. 

Putting TT in the starting line up will help the Cavs on the defensive end, but it is also going to allow the Celtics to load up even more in the paint. Bron better be on from the perimeter or else he's going to struggle again. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If anyone is interested in watching the Kobe's detail series on LeBron he put out on Saturday. Some good stuff here. 

Absolutely love it.  He's so great at doing this, everything is so detailed.  This is so much more than the generic stuff that everyone else gives.

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

Absolutely love it.  He's so great at doing this, everything is so detailed.  This is so much more than the generic stuff that everyone else gives.

Watching the game yesterday, I just kept looking for things Kobe talked about in that clip. I was monitoring where LeBron caught it on the block and how the Celtics defenders would recover to the Cavs shooters. It was so dead on the way he broke it down. LeBron's biggest problem was where he caught the ball and how he bailed the Celtics defense out. You have to attack this defense fast to prevent them more loading up and then eventually getting out to the shooters. Backing down from the three point line or wherever the hell he was doing it from plays right in their hands. 

LeBron would know this, if only he watched the Kobe detail series LOL.

38 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Cavs are gonna come out swinging tomorrow, Celtics gotta be ready for it. There’s no way Lebron plays passive again and the role players stay ice cold.

I ain't worried. We got this my bro. This will be LeBron's backbreaker game. If Cleveland Comes Out Swinging, as you say, and we still beat them. LeBron will give up and start hinting he's out of town next season. Wait for it

Let's go Boston!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I ain't worried. We got this my bro. This will be LeBron's backbreaker game. If Cleveland Comes Out Swinging, as you say, and we still beat them. LeBron will give up and start hinting he's out of town next season. Wait for it

Let's go Boston!!!!!!!

The Celts can withstand the punch no doubt, they just need to prepare themselves to take the Cavs best shot, which is what Stevens alluded to right after the game yesterday. 

Changing the subject a bit, but where does Gordon Hayward fit into this mix next season?  Seems like he's honestly not needed on this team with Brown and Tatum emerging so much.  I guess he makes their team deeper, which is always a good thing.  How does Kyrie Irving coming back disrupt the Celtics and their unselfishness/ball movement they have displayed without Irving?

By the way, I'm not saying that Irving and Hayward are bad/useless players, I'm just asking how do they fit into this team.  If you could trade one or both, who would you trade and what would you trade them for?

More of a conversation than me saying the Celtics should do any of those things?

Archived