USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Hey @WE-R-Lions and @sammymvpknight I think there is an issue with the ESPN site. It has roster sizes set to 20 which doesn't work with 12 keepers and 6 draft picks. Everyone will still have two extra roster spots open after the draft. Pretty sure in the past we have had rosters set at only 18. I would be down with 20, we just have to fix the math haha.

15 minutes ago, winitall said:

Hey @WE-R-Lions and @sammymvpknight I think there is an issue with the ESPN site. It has roster sizes set to 20 which doesn't work with 12 keepers and 6 draft picks. Everyone will still have two extra roster spots open after the draft. Pretty sure in the past we have had rosters set at only 18. I would be down with 20, we just have to fix the math haha.

That was by design, When reconstructing the ESPN site we had several teams that had players in the IR spots that would have put them over 18, It was easier/faster to add to the total roster spots than to ask the GM's which players they wanted to drop. After the keeper deadline the rosters will be re-set to 18. (It was a quick fix so I could get all the players loaded on the rosters)

Glad someone was counting B|

Edited by WE-R-Lions

Good morning. Thank you to all of those who have decided to stick it out during this crazy year, and welcome to those who are joining us.

@WE-R-Lions and I have been trying to prepare for the possibility of an altered season because of COVID-19. There are a ton of scenarios that could potentially play out this season, and we will need to be able to adapt to change as it comes. If there is a reduction in the number of regular season games, we will have to make changes, as necessary (though we wouldn't be alone in that regard).

Something that we both agree on...season or no season...we will be holding our draft this year, starting on August 1. We both felt that a delay would hurt the league, especially the new managers trying to gain some form of ownership over their team. If there is a cancellation of this season, then it would create some challenges with a fair draft order for 2021, but we will cross that bridge if we get there.

We'd be happy to here your concerns and thoughts. Take care.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I dunno if that was a good trade but there are 9 rookies I would be happy with and my top 2 WR's right now are Chark and DeSean Jackson. So I needed someone else in there. 

Do I need to drop someone off my roster in order to get Cooks on my team?

A couple of years ago I traded down about 5 spots and still ended up drafting Kamara. So you really never know. My team was really deep this year and I didn't want to be forced into dropping someone that I really liked (such as Diontae Johnson), so I figured that I would try to trade some talent away to move up a bit. 

And yes, you will need to drop one player for @WE-R-Lions to add Cooks to your roster.