USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Trades are always reviewable. What league have you been apart of where trades aren't reviewable?

I'd say that the chances of the trade going through is about 99%. It's going to be exceptionally rare for a trade to be declined (it has to be pretty obvious that teams are cheating or one of the teams are giving up. 

I wasn't referring to the reviewable aspect.  I was referring to what seemed like the suggestion to wait and see if other gm's want to make a better offer.

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

I wasn't referring to the reviewable aspect.  I was referring to what seemed like the suggestion to wait and see if other gm's want to make a better offer.

Absolutely not. The deal is done...confirmed by both parties. Now it will be reviewed to determine if it is allowable. Since draft picks are included, we need a chance to review the draft pick compensation to ensure that it is reasonably fair.

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

Absolutely not. The deal is done...confirmed by both parties. Now it will be reviewed to determine if it is allowable. Since draft picks are included, we need a chance to review the draft pick compensation to ensure that it is reasonably fair.

Fair enough.

I only made that statement because I was under the impression the League wasn't officially open for trades...due to the ESPN site isn't open, or a draft order established.

I can roll either way, I just didn't think the league was open yet? 

16 minutes ago, WE-R-Lions said:

I only made that statement because I was under the impression the League wasn't officially open for trades...due to the ESPN site isn't open, or a draft order established.

I can roll either way, I just didn't think the league was open yet? 

I'm pretty sure that we've been allowed to trade in the offseason previously, so I'd be ok with continued trades. The truth is that we should all be looking toward trades right now before the keeper deadline anyway. But let me know if you disagree.

2 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I'm pretty sure that we've been allowed to trade in the offseason previously, so I'd be ok with continued trades. The truth is that we should all be looking toward trades right now before the keeper deadline anyway. But let me know if you disagree.

I'm all good....I wasn't actively making trade offers because I didn't think we could finalize them. No big deal.   

53 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm good with it.  Does someone have access to restart the league? 

unfortunately not. USMC and Chisox were the only two, and Chisox is gone and USMC is who knows where. I think that we will just create another league under the same name and go with it. Fortunately, @WE-R-Lions has the rosters, and we should be able to put something together for a draft order, league settings, and what not.

7 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

It's not letting me see my team.

See below. 

On 6/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, sammymvpknight said:

unfortunately not. USMC and Chisox were the only two, and Chisox is gone and USMC is who knows where. I think that we will just create another league under the same name and go with it. Fortunately, @WE-R-Lions has the rosters, and we should be able to put something together for a draft order, league settings, and what not.

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I think it figured it out, too.

Final standings

frImgop.png

I'd like to be consistent as possible to previous years. I do not remember how we handled the draft order. I knew that the two teams in the championship picked last, and I know that the teams that didn't make the playoffs pick based on their regular season record. My question is how we handled the playoff teams that DID NOT make it to the championship game. I don't think that column A has much value (because you can see that it's not based on record). If anyone knows...please let me know so that we can be as consistent as possible.

Here's how I do it in a different league that I commish:
- Teams that don't make the playoffs draft before the teams that make the playoffs
- The draft order among the teams that don't make the playoffs is based upon regular season record, and total points score is used as a tie breaker.
- The draft order among the playoff teams is as follows. The championship team drafts last, and the runner up drafts 2nd to last. The other teams that are not involved in the championship game draft based upon regular season record with total points score being used as a tie breaker. 

If we can't figure out precedent, I think that this a fair way of doing things...with the caveat that teams that make it to round two of the playoffs picking after the teams that lost in round 1. But let's be real...nobody cares about meaning playoff games in the consolation bracket after those teams are already eliminated. 

If those rules were being applied, here would be the draft order:

1. Team JaguarCrazy2832
2. The Blackshirts
3. Minnesota Gnatty Ice Cold
4. Rodgers' Renegades
5. I'm Thinking RB's
6. Save Our Sonics
7. Show Me Your TD's
8. NavyBlue Fedora
9. Long Beach Bobcats
10. OD's Owls
11. My Luck's Run Out