USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

33 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Top 4 RBs? I got one of my top 4 RBs and he was the 5th selected. :)

Funny how rankings can be so different; I didn’t have Akers in my top 10 overall haha. I watched too much of him in college to be excited about him now. 

EDIT: But certainly explains why you prioritized getting up to #5 vs me getting up to #4!

Edited by SaveOurSonics

48 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Funny how rankings can be so different; I didn’t have Akers in my top 10 overall haha. I watched too much of him in college to be excited about him now. 

EDIT: But certainly explains why you prioritized getting up to #5 vs me getting up to #4!

I'm an FSU fan...so perhaps I have a soft place in my heart for him. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I'm an FSU fan...so perhaps I have a soft place in my heart for him. 

Could be. Obviously his supporting cast was doing him no favors, but aside from a superb athletic profile, I see a guy who lacks consistent vision through traffic, doesn't make guys miss in the open field at the rate of other backs, and is a flat out liability in pass pro. 

That said, I've been wrong on RBs in the past and you have a track record for drafting well. Time will tell.

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Could be. Obviously his supporting cast was doing him no favors, but aside from a superb athletic profile, I see a guy who lacks consistent vision through traffic, doesn't make guys miss in the open field at the rate of other backs, and is a flat out liability in pass pro. 

That said, I've been wrong on RBs in the past and you have a track record for drafting well. Time will tell.

He's not a perfect prospect. I think that he breaks tackles just fine. The blocking was indeed awful. It is difficult to develop some sense of field vision when you are expected to be hit in the backfield on every play. It's honestly not a very fair comparison to look at other runners from this class, who consistently received good blocking. And even with that said...he was still a good RB...largely because he is so athletically gifted. He's not as good as Dalvin Cook. But he was VERY close as a freshman before thinks went to crap for the FSU team over the past two seasons. But I don't think that anyone in this class is as good as Cook was coming out. Jonathon Taylor is probably the closest thing, but he was was definitely behind in the passing game.  

I think that Akers is definitely the best RB on the Rams team right now. They don't have a great OL...but they will definitely put up a better effort than he received with FSU. He's going to get a ton of opportunities in that Rams offense. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he leads rookie RBs in rushing this season. This is a dynasty league...but I think it's pretty important that players show something right away. I'm not in the position to wait for a players 2-3 years to see how they pan out. Guys like that don't make my team.

18 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He's not a perfect prospect. I think that he breaks tackles just fine. The blocking was indeed awful. It is difficult to develop some sense of field vision when you are expected to be hit in the backfield on every play. It's honestly not a very fair comparison to look at other runners from this class, who consistently received good blocking. And even with that said...he was still a good RB...largely because he is so athletically gifted. He's not as good as Dalvin Cook. But he was VERY close as a freshman before thinks went to crap for the FSU team over the past two seasons. But I don't think that anyone in this class is as good as Cook was coming out. Jonathon Taylor is probably the closest thing, but he was was definitely behind in the passing game.  

I think that Akers is definitely the best RB on the Rams team right now. They don't have a great OL...but they will definitely put up a better effort than he received with FSU. He's going to get a ton of opportunities in that Rams offense. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he leads rookie RBs in rushing this season. This is a dynasty league...but I think it's pretty important that players show something right away. I'm not in the position to wait for a players 2-3 years to see how they pan out. Guys like that don't make my team.

I'm curious. If Dobbins was on the board at your pick, would you pass on him for Akers? 

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

I'm curious. If Dobbins was on the board at your pick, would you pass on him for Akers? 

I honesty have Dobbins and Akers neck and neck. I would have gone Dobbins, only because I have Ingram on my team. But I do think that Ingram is really good. He's owed $4 million in 2021..which is nothing and he's shown no sign of breaking down. If anything I think you can argue that he has gotten better over the course of his career. I think that it is very possible that Dobbins isn't great the next two seasons. And the Ravens strike me as a team that want a committee...so I'm not convinced that Dobbins will ever be a true bellcow. But he's still a good player, and the offense is set up for TDs (assuming that Jackson doesn't fall off).

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I honesty have Dobbins and Akers neck and neck. I would have gone Dobbins, only because I have Ingram on my team. But I do think that Ingram is really good. He's owed $4 million in 2021..which is nothing and he's shown no sign of breaking down. If anything I think you can argue that he has gotten better over the course of his career. I think that it is very possible that Dobbins isn't great the next two seasons. And the Ravens strike me as a team that want a committee...so I'm not convinced that Dobbins will ever be a true bellcow. But he's still a good player, and the offense is set up for TDs (assuming that Jackson doesn't fall off).

Fair.