USMC's "Dirty Dozen" Dynasty League (Discussion Thread)

USMC_PackFan

2 hours ago, Lionized said:

Iā€™ll wait a few maybe 30 minutes.If anyone is interested in a small trade up Iā€™m including 2.2 and Edelman

I likely won't make my pick until later this evening. So I wouldn't bother checking the forum until then.Ā 

Edited by sammymvpknight

My buddy had a free moment at work...so we were able to make the selection. Tough decision with lots of pretty good options. I think that ultimately...I decided to place my bet on COVID winning. I think I know what I've got with the veteran RB more than WR and QB. I think that rookies (especially WR and QB) will be at a huge disadvantage this season. With only 12 keepers, and only a few of those spots up for grabs I need to see something right away from my draft picks, because otherwise they don't make my team. BTW...Ke'Shawn Vaughn is under the COVID protocol. It's not a huge deal...but every little bit adds up to Jones being the #1 RB this year for the Bucs (if there is a season).

Just now, sammymvpknight said:

My buddy had a free moment at work...so we were able to make the selection. Tough decision with lots of pretty good options. I think that ultimately...I decided to place my bet on COVID winning. I think I know what I've got with the veteran RB more than WR and QB. I think that rookies (especially WR and QB) will be at a huge disadvantage this season. With only 12 keepers, and only a few of those spots up for grabs I need to see something right away from my draft picks, because otherwise they don't make my team. BTW...Ke'Shawn Vaughn is under the COVID protocol. It's not a huge deal...but every little bit adds up to Jones being the #1 RB this year for the Bucs (if there is a season).

My boy is getting the antibodies built up for the long haul. šŸ˜ˆ

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Happy to grab Mack here. With the no preseason and limited camp, I bet he begins the year as a starter and gives me good production. Things are iffy beyond this year but if he lands in the right situation next year, he could be a good depth RB.Ā 

Yea I was wondering when he'd get picked. That OL is phenomenal and if Taylor starts slow Mack could feast

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea I was wondering when he'd get picked. That OL is phenomenal and if Taylor starts slow Mack could feast

I think having Mack and Guice should compliment each other to make a solid RB3 at least. As soon as Mack slows down Guice should be ready to pick up- you know if he stays healthy. I have that same combo in another leagueĀ 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I think having Mack and Guice should compliment each other to make a solid RB3 at least. As soon as Mack slows down Guice should be ready to pick up- you know if he stays healthy. I have that same combo in another leagueĀ 

I really liked Mack...I just don't like his long-term upside as much as Jones and I think that Jones should be better this year. I believe in Jonathan Taylor...that guy should be a pretty special runner. Even without an offseason it's hard to imagine how that won't translate over...and I also think that Hines should be a pretty annoying third down back. Perhaps that Mack will get a decent contract from someone to split carries in 2021...but who knows who that may team. The 2021 offseason can be as wonky as this offeason with the cap restrictions and the real possibility that COVID will still be live an well. But if Jones wasn't there...I would have strongly considered Mack over any of the remaining rookie RBs.

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I really liked Mack...I just don't like his long-term upside as much as Jones and I think that Jones should be better this year. I believe in Jonathan Taylor...that guy should be a pretty special runner. Even without an offseason it's hard to imagine how that won't translate over...and I also think that Hines should be a pretty annoying third down back. Perhaps that Mack will get a decent contract from someone to split carries in 2021...but who knows who that may team. The 2021 offseason can be as wonky as this offeason with the cap restrictions and the real possibility that COVID will still be live an well. But if Jones wasn't there...I would have strongly considered Mack over any of the remaining rookie RBs.

He likely isnā€™t a long term player, but he could get me off to a strong start to the season.Ā 
Ā 

Vaughn, Mack and Jones I had targeted for my 2nd round pick. I was happy to grab any one of themĀ 

• Like 1