Jump to content
HTTRG3Dynasty

All-Inclusive OTA's Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, turtle28 said:

To @Eric ‘s post, I don’t think any of our top 3 WRs jobs are in jeopardy this year. Quinn seems like a solid route runner and seems to have good hands but he has to prove a lot. Davis has potential but is extremely raw and Harris flashes potential but is very inconsistent.

Bottom line, I’d be shocked if any of those 3 take the jobs of Crowder, Doctson or Richardson. 

Has nothing to do with this year. It's what happens in 2019 offseason that is the open question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Woz said:

Has nothing to do with this year. It's what happens in 2019 offseason that is the open question.

Oh ok, I didn’t realize Eric’s post was talking about 2019. I don’t see Doctson not being a starter in 2019 and like I said I think he’s going to have a break out year and earn his 5th year option. 

Now I agree that there’s a question as to if Crowder will be re-signed. I think that all depends on if he plays more like he did in 2016 rather than last year and how expensive his contract extension will be.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s hope he’s not this years  Colt Brennan or Lache Seastrunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill believe it when I see it from Quinn meaning in the regular season. I do think the org will have to make a decision between Crowder and Doctson though. I said it earlier i think in this thread that with Smith at QB there just won’t be enough balls to go around to pay both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigdog44 said:

Ill believe it when I see it from Quinn meaning in the regular season. I do think the org will have to make a decision between Crowder and Doctson though. I said it earlier i think in this thread that with Smith at QB there just won’t be enough balls to go around to pay both

Wut? If Jay wants passing, what QBs spread the ball around more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Wut? If Jay wants passing, what QBs spread the ball around more?

Exactly, if we’re going to be throwing the ball near or over 540 times again because that’s what Jay wants then there’s certainly going to be enough balls to go around. If there were enough balls for Djax, Garçon, Crowder, Reed, Davis and Thompson in 2015 & 16 then there will be enough balls for Crowder, Doctson, Reed, Richardson, Davis and Thompson.

The only reason Crowder wouldn’t be retained after this year would be because of salary cap reasons and that’s it.

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Exactly, if we’re going to be throwing the ball near or over 540 times again because that’s what Jay wants then there’s certainly going to be enough balls to go around. If there were enough balls for Djax, Garçon, Crowder, Reed, Davis and Thompson in 2015 & 16 then there will be enough balls for Crowder, Doctson, Reed, Richardson, Davis and Thompson.

The only reason Crowder wouldn’t be retained after this year would be because of salary cap reasons and that’s it.

Pretty much. Usually comes down to cap cost versus value to the team. 

I would guess Crowder will want to cash in on a multi-year deal that averages 5 mil per. I'd also guess that Washington... Jay and Alex.. will be spreading the ball around to many targets. I'd also guess that by January, Washington will feel they can get similar results from one of the younger options. Unless Crowder blows up, which seems unlikely, paying out 5 mil per for him or less than 1 mil per for someone similar? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Pretty much. Usually comes down to cap cost versus value to the team. 

I would guess Crowder will want to cash in on a multi-year deal that averages 5 mil per. I'd also guess that Washington... Jay and Alex.. will be spreading the ball around to many targets. I'd also guess that by January, Washington will feel they can get similar results from one of the younger options. Unless Crowder blows up, which seems unlikely, paying out 5 mil per for him or less than 1 mil per for someone similar? 

70 recs, 900 yards and 6 or 7 tds is very possible for Crowder this year.

Is that easy to replace in the mid rounds of the draft with just anyone or with one of the WRs on our roster already?

I think that’s certainly debatable. I think a good to great slot WR is undervalued, especially with how much we throw the ball and use the slot WRs, TEs and running backs out of the backfield as an extension of our running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

70 recs, 900 yards and 6 or 7 tds is very possible for Crowder this year.

Is that easy to replace in the mid rounds of the draft with just anyone or with one of the WRs on our roster already?

I think that’s certainly debatable. I think a good to great slot WR is undervalued, especially with how much we throw the ball and use the slot WRs, TEs and running backs out of the backfield as an extension of our running game.

That's much larger production than I was anticipating. If that is indeed his production, then it would be very tempting to pay him well for more years. 

Is that really the expectation though? If others stay healthy, I would be expecting others to steal some of these stats from Crowder. 

200w.webp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oldman9er said:

That's much larger production than I was anticipating. If that is indeed his production, then it would be very tempting to pay him well for more years. 

Is that really the expectation though? If others stay healthy, I would be expecting others to steal some of these stats from Crowder. 

200w.webp

It’s basically the production Crowder had in 2016 (67 recs, 847 yds and 7 TDs) and that was when we had Djax & Garcon, clearly making Crowder the 4th option after our starting outside wrs and Jordan Reed.

There are a few reasons why Crowder’s numbers fell off in 2017.

1. He hurt his hamstring in camp and it effected him early in the year and probably the entire year as he did miss the Seattle game because of it.

2. With him missing that Seattle game it obviously took away from his overall stat total. If he had played that game he presumably would’ve had 70 or more recs and near 850 yards for the second year in a row.

3. Kirk missed him for a TD in week 1 vs Philly and on a few other plays.

4. Crowder also had some uncharacteristic drops last year which he didn’t have his rookie year in 2015 or in 2016. Perhaps with Djax and Garcon gone he put too much pressure on himself to perform which led to the mistakes. In the second Cowboys game he dropped what should’ve been a TD and he also dropped two should’ve been TD passes on the same red zone trip against Minnesota and I’m probably missing some.

Add all that up and Crowder ends up with 70 recs, 850 yards and 6 TDs in 2017 If he had just played up to the capabilities he had shown in 2015 and 16 when it seemed like he had no drops and didn’t have a fumbles that I remember either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope all of this is a wake up call for Crowder. He has some serious competition in camp. Quinn seems to be motivated to show people he was undeserving of the Mr. Irrelevant title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×