Elliott Suspension Discussion

Texasmade

27 minutes ago, Gmen said:

There's no need for hostility 

Don't flatter yourself.  No hostility whatsoever. You never bring anything constructive to the conversation.

I will give you credit though, you've made an art out of borderline trolling and other peeps keep getting sucked into to it and causing threads to get closed.

As far as Elliot goes clearly he needs to mature a bit. These young guys have just grown up with social media and cell phones almost there whole lives. You would think they would be mindful of that. God knows how much trouble I could have gotten into if there were cell phone cameras back when I was that age.

Anybody have any idea when the courts might rule on Zeke's filing?

18 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Anybody have any idea when the courts might rule on Zeke's filing?

I think I read a tweet about a decision being made by Tuesday, though I'm not 100% sure on that one.

I would hope a decision is made soon though. The game is a week away.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

Just two years ago in the old forum you were attacking the character of Greg Hardys victim.  This is deja vu. 

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

I just get the sense some of you would defend the devil himself if he put on a Dallas Cowboys uniform.  And looking at the list of his off-season adventures, along with some of the things that came out over the past two days, you're actually not that far off.

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

There's no need for hostility 

Let's try this one again. Remember to keep the talk limited to football, his suspension and the appeals process.

This isn't a place to discuss your thoughts an domestic violence or your experiences with abuse.

I guess, technically, Greg Hardy used to play football? Otherwise, not sure this really falls under the umbrella of what the moderators deemed permissible in the NFL News thread.

edit: something something hope Henderson makes his decision soon something something we'll see what the courts do

16 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

That twitter page has a bunch of huge revelations. I highly recommend reading it.

Edit: in particular she has some amazing excerpts of the transcripts of the appeal hearing

Im like 99% sure this chick is crazy and has fabricated a bunch of this story. Im also like 99% Zeke is an arse and I have lost a ton of enjoyment in him. I dont think he is a woman beater, at least there isnt enough to convince me he did. But the dude isnt a class act, thats for sure. It sounds like he heavily persuaded T.T. into an abortion; hopefully his college drug use hasnt carried over to the NFL. 

BTW - I give no poops that he did drugs in college. Literally everyone I know at least drank (which is a drug) - its a natural part of growing up. But apparently him and Bosa were pretty hardcore with their drug usage.

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im like 99% sure this chick is crazy and has fabricated a bunch of this story. Im also like 99% Zeke is an arse and I have lost a ton of enjoyment in him. I dont think he is a woman beater, at least there isnt enough to convince me he did. But the dude isnt a class act, thats for sure. It sounds like he heavily persuaded T.T. into an abortion; hopefully his college drug use hasnt carried over to the NFL. 

BTW - I give no poops that he did drugs in college. Literally everyone I know at least drank (which is a drug) - its a natural part of growing up. But apparently him and Bosa were pretty hardcore with their drug usage.

Pretty much spot on. Maybe...hopefully, this ordeal knocks him down a peg or 20. He appears to need it for sure.

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

There were two doctors who acted as forensic experts for the NFL. One of them appears to have lied to get out of the hearing. The other spent a lot of time basically saying that she had no way to dispute the considerable evidence presented that determining ages of bruises from photographs was not viable, that she herself said this same thing in her own report, that she could not name a single time she had given expert testimony to the age of bruise, and that she then went ahead to give expert testimony on the ages of the bruises presented to her only in the NFL photographs. She also acknowledged that there were other possible causes of these bruises and that at no time was there anything in these photographs that indicated that Elliott was the cause. Kessler also continually argued that one particular photograph was taken days before the injury was described as being inflicted. This was a matter of Ms. Thompson's testimony, not the doctors, and the NFL lawyer repeatedly objected. Oddly, he did not object that it wasn't pertinent to the Dr's testimony, but rather that Kessler was somehow mischaracterizing the evidence because he identified it as Thompson's testimony. It was in the NFL report as being Thompson's testimony, so I really don't understand the objection there.

10 hours ago, Gmen said:

Just two years ago in the old forum you were attacking the character of Greg Hardys victim.  This is deja vu. 

This is post of the year quality right here.  I've read all of the witness affidavits and text messages.  Zeke has always maintained he never touched her in a physically abusive way.  The police who interviewed Tiffany didn't find her story credible.  The only NFL employee to interview Tiffany didn't find her story credible and recommended no suspension.  She got in a bar fight and then She blatantly asked a friend to lie for her.  This was the same night she said she was going to ruin his NFL career.  Then there is witness after witness who said they were with Tiffany everyday she was with zeke and they all said she had no bruises when she went swimming in her bra and panties.  She openly wanted to blackmail Zeke with a sex tape. Then, just to top it all off, she tells Zeke everybody will believe her because she's a white girl and he's a black guy.  If I had to guess... that's probably why Gmen finds her story so credible.  

Archived