OTAs

49erurtaza

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

PFF's 21st ranked guard last season. Seeing as there are 64 starting guard spots in the NFL, that isn't so bad.

That sounds average.

Meh, I saw home get pushed around way too much when I was paying attention. I will side with the coaching staff on this one. They saw him for a entire year and chose not to re-sign him so....

Well, could be they didn't want to give him more than a one year deal while he got a three year deal in Atlanta. But just because a team doesn't re-sign you mean you aren't good. So does that mean the Texans didn't think Bouye was good? 

Fusco was solid. Some bad game, some good games but by far our best interior OL last season. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, could be they didn't want to give him more than a one year deal while he got a three year deal in Atlanta. But just because a team doesn't re-sign you mean you aren't good. So does that mean the Texans didn't think Bouye was good? 

Fusco was solid. Some bad game, some good games but by far our best interior OL last season. 

But where did I imply that in my previous post? And you're comparing apples and oranges here. A guy like Bouye wasnt re-signed because of his price tag, more or less. Not because of his talent level. Fusco could have easily have been re-signed if we chose to. He was a bargain signing. From the outside looking in, it seems as though they found his skillset as replaceable. 

You said you will side with the coaching staff on that one, which is implying you don't think they believe he was all that good. Doesn't have to be the case. Again, he's in his 30s and maybe they didn't feel comfortable giving him more than a one year deal. The guy they signed to replace him was signed for just one year in Cooper. 

Robert Saleh said that Foster, whose domestic violence case was dismissed last week, arrived at team headquarters in good shape but that coaches didn't want to throw him into practices right away. * With Foster and Coyle out, the 49ers' top inside linebackers Wednesday were Malcolm Smith at the "Mike" spot and Elijah Lee at "Will."

That's different from last week when Korey Toomer and Smith were the first-string linebackers and shows the 49ers are mixing and matching different players at the position with every practice. Toomer (Will) and good-looking rookie Fred Warner (Mike) made up the second-team group on Wednesday.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article212193194.html

Matt Barrows‏Verified account @mattbarrows

FollowFollow @mattbarrows

Arik Armstead said he's about 290 pounds this year as he moves to 'big end' as opposed to last year when he was about 280 pounds playing 'Leo.'

2:56 PM - 30 May 2018

GOOD.

The only place he should have ever been, in this scheme, imo.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

From what I've read at OTAs though, Marsh and Sneezy have been the pass rushing ends on passing downs, so sounds like Armstead will rotate, or kick inside and rotate with Buckner / Thomas on passind downs as well? 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

From what I've read at OTAs though, Marsh and Sneezy have been the pass rushing ends on passing downs, so sounds like Armstead will rotate, or kick inside and rotate with Buckner / Thomas on passind downs as well? 

I see what you did there....

4 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Haven't heard a word on Williams. Anyone know what his status is? Would be nice if Shanny was right about him and he comes in and gives us a nice third option at RB.

I asked about it this is what he said

Archived