The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

Jim Salisbury of NBC Sports Philadelphia writes that the Phillies have "definite interest" in Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ.

Manny Machado and Zach Britton of the Orioles are at the top of the Phillies' wish list, but Salisbury writes that Happ is another name under consideration internally. Salisbury also hears from a source that the Blue Jays have recently been scouting the Phillies' minor league system. Happ, who originally came up with the Phillies, lost three straight starts going into the break and has seen his ERA jump from 3.48 to 4.29 over the past month. Still, he's one of the better arms available on the trade market, with the Yankees also mentioned prominently as a potential match. The 35-year-old is due to become a free agent following the season.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/07/17/manny-machado-traded-dodgers/792282002/

looks like were going lose out on manny,

Assuming phillies don’t land manny now, they’ll still be targeting a SS, preferably one who’s a threat with bat. Eduardo Escobar could make sense. Most SS potentially on market r glove guys: Iglesias, alcides, Rojas, old friend galvis, hechavarria

5 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/07/17/manny-machado-traded-dodgers/792282002/

looks like were going lose out on manny,

Assuming phillies don’t land manny now, they’ll still be targeting a SS, preferably one who’s a threat with bat. Eduardo Escobar could make sense. Most SS potentially on market r glove guys: Iglesias, alcides, Rojas, old friend galvis, hechavarria

Why? Just play J.P. there when he's healthy this would be stupid. 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

With machado miss out what is everyones thoughts on klentak? Guy has been pretty bad his first what 3 years now. I think the odubel extension is the only thing you can look at be like oh hey home run. 

If we don’t get Machado in the offseason then this is a big loss. I also want to see what he does at the deadline, but this one hurts.

38 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

With machado miss out what is everyones thoughts on klentak? Guy has been pretty bad his first what 3 years now. I think the odubel extension is the only thing you can look at be like oh hey home run. 

Phils are in 1st place after 3 years under the guy. The team he took over was dreadful. He's been fine imo. This offseason will be a big one

42 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

can't we just fire him for giving tommy hunter 18 million dollars?

I honestly don't hate that contract. It was basically for 12M this year when we have money to burn and 6M next year

48 minutes ago, Knowledge said:

Phils are in 1st place after 3 years under the guy. The team he took over was dreadful. He's been fine imo. This offseason will be a big one

meh a lot of things that worked out are things ruben did in his last couple years. I never thought I'd say this sentence. But he is riding ruben amaro jr's coattails right now.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Still a regular klentak move a.k.a a failure 

Meh. Galvis trade was a huge win. Kap was a great hire. Santana signing was fine. Still like the Neshek signing. Arrieta signing was fine. Two big wins this offseason, and some fine/good moves. This is his time to shine though now that we're in contention. He needs to make a splash this offseason.