The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I feel like seranthony needs a knight nickname. Dominguez means nothing it's just a last name but he is from a town called esperanza which means hope.

So from now on he is the Knight of Hope. Spread to your friends. 

If you have to explain a nickname, it's not a good nickname.

22 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

phillies need a starter on thursday. ranger suarez is on the 40 and scheduled to pitch that day for the iron pigs. Could see the ranger make his big league debut this week.  (de los santos wont be available due to the 10 day rule)

Confirmed Ranger will make his debut. When was the last time we had a left handed starter? Feels like years now.

Edited by ninjapirate

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Why sell low on Roman Quinn? If anything in the next few weeks he can play a lot in right field. 

I just don't see anything special in Quinn, to me hes a jag(just a guy) if Happ, can help the sp's and get help us win the division id take the swap of Happ for a jag. maybe im wrong but that's how I feel.

but I also did hear the jays want to trade Donaldson bad. so maybe the package happ n Donaldson for a package and we include Quinn.  just a thought.

Edited by flyguy1609

https://fancredsports.com/articles/jon-heyman-phillies-considering-adam-jones-after

Jon Heyman of Fancred reports that the Phillies have shown interest in Orioles outfielder Adam Jones.

Philly's biggest holes are on the left side of the infield and in the bullpen, but a right-handed-hitting addition to the outfield mix would make some sense too. Jones, an impending free agent, has batted .277/.304/.422 with 10 home runs and 38 RBI in 96 games this season for the last-place O's. There's also known to be some level of interest from the Indians