The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

if Klentak wants to make a move before the deadline, why not call kc and ask about Danny Duffy and Mike Moustakas. mous is a Fa after this year and Duffy is a decent Lefty starter. we don't have one. Duffy is under contract til 2021.... overall I think Klentak is done a decent job.

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

Where does Moustakas play for us?

He and Maikel Franco are interchangeable this season. 

I was going by the reports. we should look at Whit Merrifield, he plays all over the place and actually gets on base(.307 avg) and steals (17).

btw is it me or does kingery look more comfy at the plate now?

Its not like we were a Machado trade away from the World Series IMO I think we valued him as such in a trade. Dodgers are actually not a bad landing spot for us, I doubt he stays there unless they make some big changes (Seager will take SS back next year). 

Klentak has been fine so far. He had to build the prospects backup and get the team setup for 2019 and beyond. This offseason will be big for us judging him. 

15 minutes ago, Danger said:

What makes you say that?

I live near DC and the general consensus around here is that he will leave among Nats fans. Don't have sources or anything, but most people just believe he is gone. 

According to Steve Phillips of MLB Network Radio, there is a "possible snag" in the Dodgers' expected acquisition of Orioles superstar Manny Machado.
Phillips hears from a source that "one or more" of the prospects that the Dodgers offered to Baltimore had some "issues in their physicals" -- as in, medical issues. This is not new territory for the Orioles, who have multiple times in the recent past rejected trades and asked for contracts to be reworked following physical examinations. Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reported Tuesday night, during the MLB All-Star Game, that Machado was all but certain to be dealt to Los Angeles before the start of the second half. Phillips now writes that this situation "may open the door for other clubs" to jump back in. Stay tuned.
Jon Heyman of Fancred reports that the medical holdup with the Manny Machado trade isn't related to Dodgers outfield prospect Yusniel Diaz.
Diaz is the headliner of the deal, so any problem with him probably would've meant the deal falling apart. Since the medical issue is with more of a complementary piece, the two sides still figure to work things out even if it means having to alter the trade a bit. It wouldn't appear to be a slam dunk anymore, though, so it's possible the Phillies and/or Brewers put in a call to see if they can jump back in

Me personally I would have given up Sixto for Manny if that would have gotten it done. The kid is 19 and you never know if he reaches his potential. Manny is a top 5 player in the league and it would have guaranteed he signed here long term. Now Manny will get a taste of that LA lifestyle and likely not leave 

4 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Me personally I would have given up Sixto for Manny if that would have gotten it done. The kid is 19 and you never know if he reaches his potential. Manny is a top 5 player in the league and it would have guaranteed he signed here long term. Now Manny will get a taste of that LA lifestyle and likely not leave 

I actually think manny leaves this offseason we can easily offer more money than the dodgers but so cna the yankees.

5 hours ago, Knowledge said:

I doubt that and i feel the Phillies management did as well. He is going to test free agency and definitely no guarantees when we will be bidding against the Yankees, Dodgers and others. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I actually think manny leaves this offseason we can easily offer more money than the dodgers but so cna the yankees.

Yea will be interesting as both of those teams have more infield talent than us. But could see the Yankees making a huge offer and moving some players for pitching. 

21 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Yea will be interesting as both of those teams have more infield talent than us. But could see the Yankees making a huge offer and moving some players for pitching. 

well middlton said he wants manny and bryce so we'll see if we even get one.