The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

31 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

https://fancredsports.com/articles/jon-heyman-phillies-considering-adam-jones-after

Jon Heyman of Fancred reports that the Phillies have shown interest in Orioles outfielder Adam Jones.

Philly's biggest holes are on the left side of the infield and in the bullpen, but a right-handed-hitting addition to the outfield mix would make some sense too. Jones, an impending free agent, has batted .277/.304/.422 with 10 home runs and 38 RBI in 96 games this season for the last-place O's. There's also known to be some level of interest from the Indians

I might give up a 3rd tier prospect, nothing more.

idk the nl seems wide open and if a Roman Quinn nets us a left handed sp id do it. a rotation of Nola, Jake Arrieta and happ and VV move. Pivetta & Efilin to the pen. we could compete with the dodgers, Cubs, atl and whoever else in the NL.  those are just my 2 cents

2 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

idk the nl seems wide open and if a Roman Quinn nets us a left handed sp id do it. a rotation of Nola, Jake Arrieta and happ and VV move. Pivetta & Efilin to the pen. we could compete with the dodgers, Cubs, atl and whoever else in the NL.  those are just my 2 cents

you dont sell low on players roman quinn has been hurt a lot and that limits his value. Which means you just never include him in any deal these next few weeks. 

3 hours ago, Knowledge said:

I dont mind trading Quinn. He's already 25 and always injured. Don't see him more than a bench guy in an already crowded OF 

crowded of? we need bodies there in like the worst way. We dont even have 3 outfielders on the active roster just 2 williams and herrerra. How is it crowded?

Edited by ninjapirate

17 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

crowded of? we need bodies there in like the worst way. We dont even have 3 outfielders on the active roster just 2 williams and herrerra. How is it crowded?

Poor choice of words. All im saying is the guy is expendable. Hoskins, Williams, Odubel, Hasley killing it in the minors. Probably sign a Free Agent in the off season. Quinn isnt going to make or break this team

• Like 1

starting to get the feeling, were not going make a splash in FA this year... there was a rumor going around Wash may start to sell depending on there series vs the marlins this weekend... if so wonder if they would consider moving harper and if so what will he costs?

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

starting to get the feeling, were not going make a splash in FA this year... there was a rumor going around Wash may start to sell depending on there series vs the marlins this weekend... if so wonder if they would consider moving harper and if so what will he costs?

FA we will likely go all in. Trade period? Seems like teams are asking for a lot and we are in a position to balk at the requests. we aren't the dodgers whose window is closing.

3 hours ago, Knowledge said:

Poor choice of words. All im saying is the guy is expendable. Hoskins, Williams, Odubel, Hasley killing it in the minors. Probably sign a Free Agent in the off season. Quinn isnt going to make or break this team

Hasley is another guy that is going to be a 4th outfielder. Quinn can help now at least.

2.5 game lead. I imagine ranger gets sent down for Quinn tonight. 

So you are the phillies on pace to win 91 games. Franco and Nick Williams i.e. the guys a month ago that needed to be replaced no longer really need to be replaced. Both are having good seasons. Bullpen the other sore subject a month has been the best in baseball since.

Rotation is fine.

Do we even need to make a move? J.P. and Quinn coming back from injuries should solve most of our bench woes. 

If we grab a veteran bench bat, starter or BP piece for cheap (i.e. we are just taking the salary w/o moving anything), that works for me.

Otherwise I am fine letting the young guys take a shot at this thing.

Phillies crushed the ball tonight - 3 players w/ 2 HR's. Franco has been playing really well. 

15 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

If we grab a veteran bench bat, starter or BP piece for cheap (i.e. we are just taking the salary w/o moving anything), that works for me.

Otherwise I am fine letting the young guys take a shot at this thing.

Phillies crushed the ball tonight - 3 players w/ 2 HR's. Franco has been playing really well. 

I wonder if a guy like adam jones would be ok with pinch hitting and spot starts against lefties the rest of the year.