The Philadelphia Phillies Thread

mse326

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's the rotation look like when we see Eickhoff healthy? I've got to imagine it's either Eickhoff or Velasquez as the odd man out.

hmm that's a tough question I think Pivetta is probably the best bullpen pitcher of the 6 so maybe that should be considered as we need help there. 

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:03 PM, Danger said:

What's the rotation look like when we see Eickhoff healthy? I've got to imagine it's either Eickhoff or Velasquez as the odd man out.

vv got hurt over the weekend, so id assume Eickhoff takes his spot.  also going assume VV is out til at least the all star break. it maybe like 2 starts or something.

15 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

we have 3 againsts the pirates, 4 against the mets, 1 against the orioles and 3 against the marlins all on the road before the all star break. Could be a good stretch to win a lot of games. 

Yeah we've gone through a lot of our toughest games at this point.

In Manny Machado trade talks with #Phillies, #Orioles have a better chance to acquire minor league RHP Adonis Medina (No. 2 Philadelphia prospect) than Zach Eflin, who has a 2.97 ERA in 11 @MLB starts this year. @MLBNetwork

Prior to this season, Phillies right-hander Zach Eflin had a career 5.85 ERA in 22 Major League starts. He was sent to Triple-A at the end of this Spring Training and spent all of April in the Minors. If the Orioles had called in April with a one-for-one trade proposal -- Machado for Eflin -- it's reasonable to believe the Phils would have accepted.

Now? The circumstances have changed. Eflin has a 2.97 ERA in 11 Major League starts this year. If Baltimore made the same proposal today -- a half-season of Machado for 4 1/2 of Eflin -- Philadelphia likely would say no, one source told MLB.com.

The Phillies also would be reluctant to part with right-hander Sixto Sanchez -- their No. 1 prospect, according to MLBPipeline.com -- in a trade for Machado. It's unclear how the Phils will react if Class A right-hander Adonis Medina, who ranks No. 2 on that list, is the Orioles' formal request in a Machado offer on July 31.

https://www.mlb.com/news/manny-machado-could-factor-into-nl-east-race/c-284331142

I was reading this and found this interesting