Battlefield V

Norm

10 hours ago, KManX89 said:

look at Overwatch, Life is Strange, NieR Automata, Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Hellblade, etc., all games featuring women and none of em got anywhere near the kind of backlash this game has.

Totally the same...

The whole thing is stupid, the outrage. But it's women soldiers in a war they were not really a part of. Not just females in a video game. So hard to take any argument seriously when these comparisons are made.

13 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm going to base my decision on this game off of the beta that starts on Sept 4th.  If I do end up getting this, it'll more than likely be on PC.

Hell yes! Get it on PC dude

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Totally the same...

The whole thing is stupid, the outrage. But it's women soldiers in a war they were not really a part of. Not just females in a video game. So hard to take any argument seriously when these comparisons are made.

So there's more to it than just simply featuring women, we're on the same page here, that's why I brought those other games up. Sure, some people might've gotten mad regardless, even if it featured women from the Resistance and/or other groups which they were actually apart of in WW2, but the bulk of the criticism is geared towards how they went about it, hence the bit about the woman with the prosthetic arm and spiked baseball bat (historical inaccuracies).

There's more factors at play than just the women outrage, too for why it has the super low pre-order numbers it does, fair or not.

9 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

So there's more to it than just simply featuring women, we're on the same page here, that's why I brought those other games up. Sure, some people might've gotten mad regardless, even if it featured women from the Resistance and/or other groups which they were actually apart of in WW2, but the bulk of the criticism is geared towards how they went about it, hence the bit about the woman with the prosthetic arm and spiked baseball bat (historical inaccuracies).

There's more factors at play than just the women outrage, too for why it has the super low pre-order numbers it does, fair or not.

The fact they thought that we should be the release trailer is hilarious. I still don't understand that. But yeah, there are reasons. No doubt. I just think they're blown out of proportion. Once the circle keep starts it's just self perpetuating and hard to stop. And every tiny thing is thrown in and makes it snowball. **** like typos in alpha builds even gets "love" from the circle jerk. It's pretty annoying. I even kind of cringe in fear every time I open this thread.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

I haven't seen anything that states when the beta is over.  As long as it runs through the entire weekend, then I don't have a problem with it.

Yeah well I work that following weekend. I'm boycotting EA! Lol. That would have been perfect if it started before my 3 day off. I work like every weekend until May lol I'll still find time though. 

38 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah well I work that following weekend. I'm boycotting EA! Lol. That would have been perfect if it started before my 3 day off. I work like every weekend until May lol I'll still find time though. 

That's why I think it's good they have it during the weekday and weekend.  I know a lot of people have to work during the weekend, so hopefully they can get some time in Tuesday-Friday, if possible.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's why I think it's good they have it during the weekday and weekend.  I know a lot of people have to work during the weekend, so hopefully they can get some time in Tuesday-Friday, if possible.

Yeah no doubt. I pretty much only play on the weekends I have off these days sadly. Haha

On 8/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, showtime said:

I'm going to pre-order the game on Xbox since it will not charge me.  I'll play the beta on there until it's over and then cancel the pre-order.

Wait, there's an xbox beta, im so lost

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Wait, there's an xbox beta, im so lost

Yea.  The two alphas were on PC only.  The beta is open on Xbox, PS4 and PC.  If you pre-ordered the game, you can get into the beta on Sept 4th, if not then it opens for everyone else on Sept 6th.

Archived