Battlefield V

Norm

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/an-update-on-battlefield-5

I'm not shocked by this.  With all the recent negative news about this game, I thought something like this would happen.  Probably want to distance themselves from Black Ops 4 because they're getting absolutely smoked by them right now.

The date of November 20th is kind of weird because that's the week of Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  A lot of people are going to be buying games that are on big sales among other items on Black Friday.  I'm really curious as to what the sales numbers of this game will be. 

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/an-update-on-battlefield-5

I'm not shocked by this.  With all the recent negative news about this game, I thought something like this would happen.  Probably want to distance themselves from Black Ops 4 because they're getting absolutely smoked by them right now.

The date of November 20th is kind of weird because that's the week of Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  A lot of people are going to be buying games that are on big sales among other items on Black Friday.  I'm really curious as to what the sales numbers of this game will be. 

I might wait for Shadow of the Tomb Raider's Black Friday sales since I'm already getting Spider-Man, which comes out a week earlier.

But getting back on topic, it's not gonna help their sales THAT much, it still has the stigma from the EA debacle trifecta last year (Mass Effect: Andromeda, Need For Speed: Payback and Star Wars: Battlefront II) and the terrible PR keeping buyers away. Plus like you said, it's gonna be competing with all the discounted games for Black Friday. 

29 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

The Beta is fun as hell.  That 2nd sniper is ridiculous.  

Which one is that, I've only been whoring the OP STG lol. 

I only played 3 rounds of Rotterdam but this is ******* great. My only complain so far is how quiet it feels. Maybe I just need to crank volume but everything feels so empty. My aim is def shat after using EZPZ guns in BF1, in terms of keeping auto fire on a target and tapping, was using a lot of easy semi autos and the 1900 slug and ****.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Which one is that, I've only been whoring the OP STG lol. 

I only played 3 rounds of Rotterdam but this is ******* great. My only complain so far is how quiet it feels. Maybe I just need to crank volume but everything feels so empty. My aim is def shat after using EZPZ guns in BF1, in terms of keeping auto fire on a target and tapping, was using a lot of easy semi autos and the 1900 slug and ****.

I think it's the ZH-29?  It only has 5 shots in a clip but it's a semi auto sniper that kills in 2 shots.  It took me a map but I went on a 22 kill streak with it my second game with it, its so OP.  

8 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I think it's the ZH-29?  It only has 5 shots in a clip but it's a semi auto sniper that kills in 2 shots.  It took me a map but I went on a 22 kill streak with it my second game with it, its so OP.  

Geez. That sounds nice. I don't even know how to unlock anything yet lol. 

I'm having fun though. My vision was better than I expected it would be after playing Doritofield for so long. It's the first BF game in ages I'm going to have to find a group to play with though, which is a good thing, but in the past few it never felt necessary. I feel like it is now with how everything is setup. 

I had a thought reading comments in chat today too. We were deservedly ****ting on EA marketing but I wonder if they knew this was not the same shoveled crap and they thought the thing was just going to sell itself off merits? I wasn't blow away by the alpha's but this seems like it's going to be legit AF to me. Even if it's not that super ww2 film grain gritty vibe half of the internet swore they wanted, it really feels it'll play well. And neither Narvik more Rotterdam are my cup of tea for map design.

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

...why?

Maybe he was the guy in my game late last night blowing up in chat about how terrible the game is and how he's so glad he didn't pre order. Then someone pointed out he was 1-15, and he really was 1-15 lol. 

Gotta love those guys.

I was gonna make a post last night with a few other things I didn't like but now it's like a forgot. The colors are a little too bright in some areas and too dark in others. The grenade launcher is a joke right now too. This guy was like under these stairs and I landed both of them up his arse and only 70 damage. Seems like others feel this way too. I'll get used to the ammo system. But it's an odd feeling right now. It will definitely help true camping if it stays like this though.

Archived