2024 NFC North Fantasy Football League Discussion (Sllim Pickens wanted something changed)

squire12

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Another thought or idea for tanking...could make them forfeit a keeper selection. 

I think that's a little too steep but then again hopefully having this discussion gets everyone on the same page and setting lineups every week.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:33 AM, Pool said:

@DannyB  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07@squire12

So what's up with all these teams starting players on bye? If you're tanking for draft picks that's pretty screwed up. If you aren't setting your lineups please start. It ruins it for the rest of us who are trying to win. I know things look rough having 2 monster teams in this league right now but as someone who won it all with a 7-6 record I can tell you that it really is any given Sunday. Just gotta make the playoffs. 

That said, something I was thinking about for next season I wanted to see if anyone else had any interest in would be expanding our rosters by 5 spots and upping our keeper limit to 15. Right now it feels like we are playing a weird keeper/dynasty hybrid league and I'd be really interested into moving it more towards a true dynasty type league. Interested in everyone's thoughts.

I might have gotten my taken care of, but was getting distracted by birth of a baby, so I wasn't as on top of setting line-ups for leagues as I might have been.

19 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I might have gotten my taken care of, but was getting distracted by birth of a baby, so I wasn't as on top of setting line-ups for leagues as I might have 

Congrats! My daughter changed my life. Being a parent is amazing!

Edited by Pool
  • Like 1

Congrats on making the 2018 playoffs.  Best of luck over the next few weeks, hoping for no injuries.

Listed by overall seeds.

1.  @DannyB

2.  @The Gnat

3.  @Bigbear72

4.  @squire12

5.  @Pool

6.  @VikeManDan

2019 draft order (original without trades)

1.  @davisblack

2.  @X_Factor_40

3.  @Nzd07

4.  @persiandud

Remaining order will be determined by playoff results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 8:33 AM, Pool said:

@DannyB  @persiandud  @VikeManDan  @Bigbear72  @The Gnat  @X_Factor_40  @davisblack  @Nzd07@squire12

So what's up with all these teams starting players on bye? If you're tanking for draft picks that's pretty screwed up. If you aren't setting your lineups please start. It ruins it for the rest of us who are trying to win. I know things look rough having 2 monster teams in this league right now but as someone who won it all with a 7-6 record I can tell you that it really is any given Sunday. Just gotta make the playoffs. 

That said, something I was thinking about for next season I wanted to see if anyone else had any interest in would be expanding our rosters by 5 spots and upping our keeper limit to 15. Right now it feels like we are playing a weird keeper/dynasty hybrid league and I'd be really interested into moving it more towards a true dynasty type league. Interested in everyone's thoughts.

@DannyB @persiandud @VikeManDan @Bigbear72 @The Gnat @X_Factor_40 @davisblack @Nzd07 @Pool

Please comment on the thoughts brought up

1.  Issue with owners not starting full line-ups, what to do?  How to handle?  What type of "infraction"?

2.  Expanding rosters and increasing keepers?  

My thoughts

1.  I am not going to check all rosters and line ups each week for each team, so it is on each owner to start full lineups.  I certainly understand the unique events of vacation, work, family, etc.  

2.  I would be in favor of expanding the rosters, something like 4-5 more from 18 to 22 or 23.  I think a graduated increase in keepers from 10 currently to 12 in 2019 and 15 in 2020.  Allows owners to plan appropriately.  

On 12/18/2018 at 7:21 PM, squire12 said:

@DannyB @persiandud @VikeManDan @Bigbear72 @The Gnat @X_Factor_40 @davisblack @Nzd07 @Pool

Please comment on the thoughts brought up

1.  Issue with owners not starting full line-ups, what to do?  How to handle?  What type of "infraction"?

2.  Expanding rosters and increasing keepers?  

My thoughts

1.  I am not going to check all rosters and line ups each week for each team, so it is on each owner to start full lineups.  I certainly understand the unique events of vacation, work, family, etc.  

2.  I would be in favor of expanding the rosters, something like 4-5 more from 18 to 22 or 23.  I think a graduated increase in keepers from 10 currently to 12 in 2019 and 15 in 2020.  Allows owners to plan appropriately.  

1. Agreed that no one wants to police other players. However, my vote says end of year check on rosters. 2 inactives or players on bye and you lose a draft spot. It'd take all of 10 minutes to check that. I'll even do it if squire doesn't want to.

2. I say just go for the whole kit and kaboodle this year. Increase keepers to 15 and expand rosters by 5.  

Just my .02 cents.

I guess I'm okay with roster expansion

I hate when owners go absentee on their teams. I think one or two times this season I've started a player that was out but it was due to being a late scratch on a Thursday that I just didn't get to in time, or I was busy on a Sunday morning when the outs are announced. Once may have even been an early Sunday London game.

However, I'm an active owner with a good team that is (well...was) trying to win every game I could. I think I have a solid track record of that.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, squire12 said:

Congrats on making the 2018 playoffs.  Best of luck over the next few weeks, hoping for no injuries.

Listed by overall seeds.

1.  @DannyB

2.  @The Gnat

3.  @Bigbear72

4.  @squire12

5.  @Pool

6.  @VikeManDan

2019 draft order (original without trades)

1.  @davisblack

2.  @X_Factor_40

3.  @Nzd07

4.  @persiandud

Remaining order will be determined by playoff results.

2019 draft order

1.  @davisblack

2.  @X_Factor_40

3.  @Nzd07

4.  @persiandud

5.  @Pool

6.  @Bigbear72

7.  @The Gnat

8.  @squire12

9.  @DannyB

10.  @VikeManDan

Congrats to @VikeManDan on collecting a league title from the 6th seed.  

Please provide your thoughts on the proposal to increase roster size and # of keepers.  

• Like 1