Jimmy Graham and Tight End Alignment

AlexGreen#20

2 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

His speed dropped off midseason. It's almost like his route tree had to change when our QB couldn't hit a guy 10 yards down field anymore. Now it's the YAC bull**** despite the fact he was 23rd in YAC in 2016.

What evidence of speed do you have for weeks 1-6? His YPC wasn't all too good and most of his work was catch and fall down. He's not 28, it's quite conceivable the legs aren't there anymore. Don't get the shocking notion of saying Jordy got old. He got open once downfield with Rodgers during the CHI game, that's the only time I remember him getting behind the defense like the old Jordy.

3 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

Maybe but the fact that he didn't work with Hundley sure as hell doesn't prove it.

QBs don't have any effect on a WRs ability to separate during a route. Now was Hundley bad at buying time and finding Jordy in the soft spots of a coverage? Yeah, but he didn't magically make him unable to separate.

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What evidence of speed do you have for weeks 1-6? His YPC wasn't all too good and most of his work was catch and fall down. He's not 28, it's quite conceivable the legs aren't there anymore. Don't get the shocking notion of saying Jordy got old. He got open once downfield with Rodgers during the CHI game, that's the only time I remember him getting behind the defense like the old Jordy.

There were plenty of occasions when he got behind the defense but Hundley flat out missed him.  

Here's one.  Almost a sure fire TD.

a4ltug.png

Gonna be honest about Jordy: he disappeared whenever Rodgers was hurt. Aaron needs to let go here IMHO and realize that it was time for Jordy to go. It's a harsh reality and one we didn't want to encounter, but life hands us these kind of unfortunate scenarios from time to time.

23 minutes ago, SSG said:

There were plenty of occasions when he got behind the defense but Hundley flat out missed him.  

Here's one.  Almost a sure fire TD.

a4ltug.png

Thats a SERIOUSLY blown coverage. You telling me Hundley missed this? Geeeeezzzzz....

Look, Jordy didn't have the best year, but this was litterally his first year he had a "down year" like let's be real the year before he played like a top 5 WR . I think the guy could have put together another good year he certainly deserved another chance, but what are you gonna do Gute and co wanted something else and young.

13 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

No ******* way...BUT HE'Z SO SLOOOOO, KANT GET SAPARASION

What's the qualification of the number? Is that separation at the catch, within X yards of the LOS, what? I don't care how much separation Jordy has when he catches the ball, we're sitting here saying how good Jordy is at finding soft spots in the zone, no .... Sherlock he's going to have some yards of cushion when he makes the catch. That only makes sense.

Know where he didn't have separation? At the top of the route where he's intended to win the route. FFS am I the only one who watches these games and can trust what they see without trying to find some number that validates my wrong viewpoint?

Archived