Fallout 76

Danger

Just now, cddolphin said:

Was it? Just a bunch of location shots. I want to know how the game will play.

Yeah, the initial trailer that was shown during the Microsoft presentation got me really excited because it looked the same as FO4 but in a massive wilderness map, but hearing it is online-only really brought me down.

• Like 1

Just now, cddolphin said:

Was it? Just a bunch of location shots. I want to know how the game will play.

We don't know HOW it plays. What is the leveling system like, is there ACTUALLY a story? What if I just want to play the game and not be bothered by others? How is the "solo" experience, is it worth it? Are there any interesting characters? Followers aren't going to be a thing in this game since you play with your friends, so there goes that part of the gameplay out the window. Stealth is going to be a lot less viable in this game I'm guessing as well. 

Funny note, when demonstrating the PvP stuff, the player you get revenge on is named "PGarvey". Good one Todd. I see you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

This is the same thing most of witnessed last night. It doesn't change any of our concerns.

I hadn't seen it; one bit of good info is that there's a max of 12 players on the map, that's only around 3 players on the map in terms of Fallout 4's scale. That seems like it has potential to limit the amount of chaotic PVP action (not that I'm inherently against that per-se). 

Honestly, after FO4, a shake up seems appealing to me.

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I hadn't seen it; one bit of good info is that there's a max of 12 players on the map, that's only around 3 players on the map in terms of Fallout 4's scale. That seems like it has potential to limit the amount of chaotic PVP action (not that I'm inherently against that per-se). 

Honestly, after FO4, a shake up seems appealing to me.

that's likely a misinterpretation on the part of Fudge Muppet. "Dozens of players"

So we're probably looking upwards of 48-60.

Edited by Danger

I'm fine with the player count. SO LONG AS 1. There are measures to avoid griefing by other players. 2. There is still a well written plethora of characters and quests, if it's dull and drab like ESO was (especially so at its launch) I'm going to be rather upset.

There are people who didn't love the info last night? whhaaaaaaat

I respect that everyone has their own opinion, but man I was jumping off my couch. I can't wait to play Fallout co-op. We can have a server with FF people right? like we can join eachother. I want to go on and have a war between all of us

edit: nvm i actually read, concerns around lack of information. got it. I think it could be really bumpy considering how single player fallout games launch lol

Edited by JBURGE25

17 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

There is also a church shown in the trailer that I believe is St. Peter's Roman Catholic Curch in Harper's Ferry. 

If the map goes from Harper's Ferry to Charleston.... Wow.

It also showed the Greenbrier, and what looks like the New River Gorge bridge.  That is a massive map.  

Are you from West Virginia, or attend WVU?