Best Bets for 2018

Saw an article proclaiming how Jordan Reed is participating in agility drills and it got me thinking of some betting opportunities. 

Strongest Bets- Close to 100% so if I got any pay line above the bet amount I’d make it. 

- reed get injured sometime between now and the end of 2018 season.

- the redskins don’t win the division

Strong Bets 80% chance

- all off season and training camp we hear how Alex Smith is super sharp, super smart, super leader and we lose the first game Cardinals and he looks anything but super

- Guice does very well for the season

-and tied with this is no more than one rookie starts opening game 

- It is announced Allen is leaving the Redskins

- turtle @turtle28 posts how Lauveao is our best LG and should start :)

- at the end of the season at least two forum bro’s will post how injuries were the reason we didn’t make the playoffs 

whats your best and strong bets for the year?

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:
1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

turtle @turtle28 posts how Lauveao is our best LG and should start :)

I mean, sadly he probably is.

Who else are we going to put there right now? Nsekhe and Catalina aren't working out right now at OTAs. Hope we can move Bergstrom or Rhaney to guard from center? Roll the dice with Kalis, Kling, Balducci, or Jefferson?

It's a wasteland of talent right now.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Who else are we going to put there right now? Nsekhe and Catalina aren't working out right now at OTAs. Hope we can move Bergstrom or Rhaney to guard from center? Roll the dice with Kalis, Kling, Balducci, or Jefferson?

It's a wasteland of talent right now.

Alex Smith doesn't need a LG he's so mobile remember.  

Guess they figure, if Smith can kick arse like he did last year with the 48th best LG and 38th best LT of the League, he don't need that much in front of him?

He'll have a top 10 LT this time, so put your best garbage at LG and that's still a better left side than what he had last season? 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/6500-pff-grades-2017/

200w.webp

9 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Guess they figure, if Smith can kick arse like he did last year with the 48th best LG and 38th best LT of the League, he don't need that much in front of him?

He'll have a top 10 LT this time, so put your best garbage at LG and that's still a better left side than what he had last season? 

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/6500-pff-grades-2017/

200w.webp

1. While Alex Smith is the quarterback, the Redskins (in theory) also need to have a better running game. Something a quality guard (heck even league replacement level) would help with.
  2. Keep in mind that the left guard also affects the center's play, and Roullier was 20th (worse than KC's Fulton by a fair amount (68.7 vs 56.0 using PFF's grades) even if Fulton was 16th). So, instead of perhaps worrying about getting hit from the blindside, Smith now has to worry about getting hit the grill? And that's an improvement?
  3. Shawn Lauvao is injury prone and the Redskins would be fools to count on him playing the entire season (draw any inferences you want from that). The guy they had backing him up for the most part was Arie Kouandjio (49.0, 37th). He was slightly better than Bryan Witzmann (43.3, 48th). The guys we have now that Kouandjio are the table scraps that Kouandjio beat out for a job last year. It's very possible they'll make Witzmann look like the next coming of Steve Hutchinson.

I am going to go with the 80% chance/strong bet that’s Guice does very well this season because I don’t like any of the other options.

Also, I don’t know who “Lauveao” is, but there is a strong possibility that Lauvao starts at LG again. 

That being said, I’d much rather see Nsekhe start at LG. I’m no Lauvao fan but I think it’s quite ridiculous if you’re willing to realize the obvious that he probably will end up being our best option at LG again to start the season. 

Archived